Neon Green Pineapple Tree

See Gee Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all -
I got some soft coral frags from Live Aquaria and this (I’m guessing) Neon Pineapple Tree kept falling off of its frag plug. I suspected my emerald crab ate it but lo and behold it was alive under a big piece of live rock. I peeled it off and re-glued it to this piece of rubble in my sump. My questions are (1) is this really another species of Taro Tree and (2) should I crop it above where it’s now bending? Thanks!
820F6D09-B3C2-4919-8993-04128DDDAA2E.jpeg

Last edited:

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love that coral and almost bought one on DD -you probably got one that I was eyeballing lol.

Idk if it is a species of Taro Tree. Can you post a pic?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it is pretty mad. I would leave it be for a while and see if it perks up. May detach itself though. Hope to see it out and colored up.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not crop that, it will straighten on its own.

Mine was the brightest green and purple until it died :( I am pretty sure my file fish took it out.

OP
OP
See Gee Sea

See Gee Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both! The most critical part of reefing that I still don't have is patience! I can hear my wife in the other room saying, "I told you to leave it be and let it grow out but you don't listen!" I'm amazed it survived in such a shaded part of the tank for 3 weeks! I'll keep you posted! Of the 4 corals that came in that frag pack it's my favorite!

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you both! The most critical part of reefing that I still don't have is patience! I can hear my wife in the other room saying, "I told you to leave it be and let it grow out but you don't listen!" I'm amazed it survived in such a shaded part of the tank for 3 weeks! I'll keep you posted! Of the 4 corals that came in that frag pack it's my favorite!

As others have said, watch for it to detach itself. Tree corals aren't as slimy as toadstools but glue often doesn't hold for long.

If it detaches again, it can be firmly wedged in between a couple of rocks and it will eventually attach. Another trick is to rubber band it to a rock but be careful not to make the rubber band so tight that it cuts through the coral. You can also try putting it in a small container with some rubble, although whenever I have tried this the coral floats away :rolleyes:

OP
OP
See Gee Sea

See Gee Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CindyKz - If it survives - it's looking really mad at the moment - I'll at some point when it's big enough frag it and send some to you.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CindyKz - If it survives - it's looking really mad at the moment - I'll at some point when it's big enough frag it and send some to you.

Thats kind! I would take you up on it too lol. It really doesn't look that bad. Just sulking. Give it mdt light and flow it will be good to go :)

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get it from Divers Den? The ones I got were on LR. I am surprised yours came on a plug.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 143 40.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 178 50.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 32 9.1%

Back