Neon Green Toadstool

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that's been at the bottom of my tank for about 3 months. I didn't want to put it anywhere else due to moving about 45 minutes away. Well, I ended up moving and everything survived! Now, I want to put it more towards to top of the tank. What is the general rule of thumb when moving coral around in the tank in terms of lighting?

For reference, I have a 425XL with 2 ReefLED 90s.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The general rule is handle with care, try not to drop on other corals or place to near corals they might be aggressive towards. In general, toadstools are hearty corals, it takes a lot to kill them... We've moved them plenty of times throughout our QT and our DT 100g looking for that happy place and they still are going. Note that it'll be a waiting game. It takes a few days for them to acclimate their new spot, you'll probably see them create a wax layer and then come out. I posted a few pictures for you showing what happened after 4 days of rest and the third (hopefully) final placement in the tank.

IMG-1730.jpg IMG-1731.jpg IMG-1729.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mbarber87

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The general rule is handle with care, try not to drop on other corals or place to near corals they might be aggressive with. In general, toadstools are hearty corals, it takes a lot to kill them... We've moved them plenty of times in our QT and plenty in our WB 100g looking for that happy place and they still are going. Note that It'll be a waiting game it takes a few days for them to acclimate their new spot, you'll probably see them create a wax layer them come out. I post a few pictures for you showing what happened after 4 days of rest and the third (hopefully) final placement in the tank.

IMG-1730.jpg IMG-1731.jpg IMG-1729.jpg
Thanks for sharing!

Back