NeoNitro and NeoPhos Usage

joe-ejs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 90gl reef tank that my Phosphates and Nitrate continue to measure Zero. I test using Hanna Test Kits. I have decided to use NeoNitro and NeoPhos. I did my first dose of NeoNitro. In reading the instructions, it recommends to also supplement with Bacter7. Is this something I need to do in my situation?

Also, I was going to hold off temporarily starting the NeoPhos dosing until I get a stable Nitrate reading (target=5)

Will I create a new problem if I don't start to does NeoPhos right away? I am thinking that I would start NeoPhos in approximately 2 weeks once I have some results with the NeoNitro..

any experience in using these products would be appreciated?
Thanks in Advance..

jbrady429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, I have a 90gl reef tank that my Phosphates and Nitrate continue to measure Zero. I test using Hanna Test Kits. I have decided to use NeoNitro and NeoPhos. I did my first dose of NeoNitro. In reading the instructions, it recommends to also supplement with Bacter7. Is this something I need to do in my situation?

Also, I was going to hold off temporarily starting the NeoPhos dosing until I get a stable Nitrate reading (target=5)

Will I create a new problem if I don't start to does NeoPhos right away? I am thinking that I would start NeoPhos in approximately 2 weeks once I have some results with the NeoNitro..

any experience in using these products would be appreciated?
Thanks in Advance..
No, you don't need to dose the Bacter7. Bacter7 will introduce bacteria that consume nitrates with phosphates and carbon, which will lower those levels. You want to raise them. There is no problem with raising nitrate and phosphate levels at the same time. In fact, I would recommend it. 0 phosphate generally causes more problems than it solves. Just follow the directions on the bottles and test to verify levels. Algae and corals will suck up some of what you dose, so don't be surprised if it takes more than you calculate it should. Also, don't be surprised if you have to dose them on a regular basis to maintain levels.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back