Neophyte Reefer_ critique rig design

Age_of_Aquarius

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2021
Messages
48
Reaction score
13
Location
Tampa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another thread going where I asked to "where to buy an acrylic tank?" Got a lot of helpful tips there and have settled with John at Advanced Acrylics. I am doing a 40g breeder with 36L x 18W x 16H with eurobraced half-inch thickness acrylic drilled with internal overflow. I am considering now the sump.

I can have one custom fabricated with the following dimensions
29x13x16 Skimmer/fuge sump with 3/8 acrylic for $425. Would you go this route or buy one from prefab from another vendor? Trying to keep this as simple and economical as possible, but dont want to DIY my sump.
 
after having sumps over the years from filter pads over bioballs to filter socks, I don't think i'd ever get a sump with a fleece roller now... so much easier. but just my thoughts. good luck.
 
after having sumps over the years from filter pads over bioballs to filter socks, I don't think i'd ever get a sump with a fleece roller now... so much easier. but just my thoughts. good luck.
So you're saying not to use a fleece roller? My sump is going to be a refugium and skimmer to start with trying to keep it simple to start with
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new