Neptune Apex 1Link Module internal jumper

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have many 1Link Modules that I have used for many years to control dumb Kamoer dosing pumps via the 1Link 24V ports. Simple ON/OFF using OSC programming. Has been very reliable and convenient for many years.
Recently, I had an incident in which after an outage, power is restored and a 1Link module will not “boot” correctly. The LED blinks and it turns ON all 24V ports. Even thought all ports have Fallback OFF programmed. It seems that the module does not even get to execute Fallback. It happened before with another one of my 1Link modules.
Neptune told me that it should be ON only for 45 seconds and then execute the Fallback OFF. That does not happen.
I was lucky to be there. I put a container to catch the Ca and KH and waited and it did not stop,after 5 min I disconnected the module. It came back to normal after reconnecting it.

It baffles me that Neptune designed this module to set the 24DC outlets to ON by default before any fallback or while it boots. Sort of a default hardware state. Should even be defined by the user via a jumper or dip switch.

Internally, the module has a pair of jumper pins. I imagine they could set that default state. Anybody knows the purpose of those pins? They should be there for a reason.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1685053790856.png

OP
OP
Rimsky

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Reefing Madness. Are you experiencing a similar issue?

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It baffles me that Neptune designed this module to set the 24DC outlets to ON by default before any fallback or while it boots. Sort of a default hardware state. Should even be defined by the user via a jumper or dip switch
That’s absurd. Even 45 seconds ON after a power outage, could be disastrous. Why would it be ON during the boot up process?

Important for everyone to know.

I was gonna get an apex instead of GHL precisely because of the 24V ports, but if that’s the level of attention they’ve put into programming the 24v ports….

So, basically, on ALL 1 link modules you have, after a power loss, they default to ON for 45 seconds?

OP
OP
Rimsky

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No... normally just a couple of seconds -- which tells me that the hardware default is ON -- don't know the reasoning behind that. And in these strange situations, indefinitely, even thought they told me that the maximum should be 45 seconds, which is not the case.

I had a session with them yesterday and they say this is very strange (which coincidentatlly is what most vendors usually say about any issue). They are investigating. In any case, I decided to by a stand alone 4 head dosing pump (wifi, Jebao) because even if they say they solved the issue, I can't trust this to not be true and this to happen in a few months again. i have to say that they were very courteous...

The 1LINK modules will be used only for non critical applications. For instance, I have a 24V LED for my chaeto that I could power thru the 1LINK 24DC port. Things that should not cause a catastrophe if happen once every 6 months.

Still, I would love to learn what is the purpose of those jumper pins in side the 1LINK module. They should be there for a reason!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back