Neptune apex afs mounting options

seeky007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I'm looking at getting a neptune apex afs but I was wondering about how would be able to install it as I have a acrylic/mesh lid has any one come up with a suitable way of installing this while also not looking to DIY.
17143024434904783149893053991818.jpg

SpyC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe glue it to a piece of acrylic that can span from the overflow to the side of the tank and rest it on the back left or right?

Last edited:

DustinDec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever figure out how you would mount it? I'm considering this now too for use while traveling. Also what lid is that, looks great!

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I’ve been using for the past few years. It’s a bent piece of plexiglass with 2 magnets epoxied and the auto feeder attached with hook and loop tape. I’m currently reconfiguring it for my new tank with euro bracing.

IMG_5651.png

On the inside magnet, I attached one of those floating square things to keep the food from floating away.

DustinDec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I’ve been using for the past few years. It’s a bent piece of plexiglass with 2 magnets epoxied and the auto feeder attached with hook and loop tape. I’m currently reconfiguring it for my new tank with euro bracing.

IMG_5651.png

On the inside magnet, I attached one of those floating square things to keep the food from floating away.
Thank you for sharing! I can’t go without a lid as I’ve been told the fairy wrasse and Diamond Goby are flight risks. But, I will probably try to mount it the same way. You used double sided tape for the back piece right?

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for sharing! I can’t go without a lid as I’ve been told the fairy wrasse and Diamond Goby are flight risks. But, I will probably try to mount it the same way. You used double sided tape for the back piece right?

Yes, this will pretty much float above a lid and feed through the screen. You might have to clean it now and then as the food dust builds up.

The double sided tape goes on the horizontal part between the plastic and feeder. The magnets on the vertical part were epoxied together.

I’ll post a picture tomorrow after I’m done making the new one.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the finished product. As I said, I had to extend the length on both the arm and the food collector so that it stuck out past the euro bracing. Hope this helps.

IMG_5674.jpeg

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back