Neptune apex flx3_1

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Flx3_1 graph showed up on my fusion. I have no idea what it is, any help? Thank you!

TexanCanuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to your OULETS page and find the outlet with the same name. Click on it, and in the resulting page it should tell you what DEVICE it is and what MODULE it is attached to.

OP
OP
Totlxtc

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, it is under my ATK but no idea what it is for or why it just showed up. Thanks

TexanCanuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the ATK is based on Neptune's FMM module, which can be used either as an auto top-off or as a flow monitor (when connected to flow rate sensors). I wonder if the graph you are seeing is because the FMM module thinks you have a flow sensor installed?

Did you just install the ATK? If so, did you follow the Apex "task" to configure the module?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Flx3_1 graph showed up on my fusion. I have no idea what it is, any help? Thank you!
Flx3_1 indicates that it's port 1 on the FMM module at AquaBus address 3. If you have the ATK, this means that the FMM is mistakenly detecting the optical sensor on port 1 as a flow sensor. Try pushing the optical sensor cable more firmly into the FMM module. They can look like they're fully inserted, but another push causes it to "click" into place so the FMM module properly detects that it's an optical sensor instead of a flow sensor.

Read my ATK Tutorial for a more detailed list of troubleshooting instructions to verify your FMM and optical sensors are properly configured:

OP
OP
Totlxtc

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been installed for months. I don't have a flow sensor, only a optical sensor and leak sensor connected to the module.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been installed for months. I don't have a flow sensor, only a optical sensor and leak sensor connected to the module.
Regardless of how long it's been installed, or what you have plugged in, the FMM is mistakenly detecting the device on port 1 as a flow sensor. Double-check the plug anyway. You can also go into the configuration screen for the FMM module to see what it thinks is plugged in:

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 7.01.06 PM.png

OP
OP
Totlxtc

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Played with wires and now it's gone so who knows why it just showed up. Thank you for the help everyone.

OP
OP
Totlxtc

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It removed my sensor for top off tank and put it as a flow sensor and after checking wires it went back to optical sensor.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • None.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back