Neptune APEX pH probe

  • Thread starter Thread starter jamesg128
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jamesg128

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
Tallahassee
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I purchased a Neptune APEX pH probe a while ago and it had to sit unopened for a bit. Now we are setting up tank but noticed a crystal like substance on outside of bottom cover. Is this probe broken? Or can I just rinse the substance off? Did I possibly receive a used one? Please let me know what you think and if this piece needs to be replaced. Thanks and happy reefing

IMG_5028.jpeg
 
That will happen, it's just the storage solution precipitating.
As long as the prob is still wet it's good to go. I would calibrate it though when you go to start using it.
Happy reefing!
 
That will happen, it's just the storage solution precipitating.
As long as the prob is still wet it's good to go. I would calibrate it though when you go to start using it.
Happy reefing!
Thank you
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new