Neptune Apex switch question

Creggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R,

I'm wondering if any of you apex folks could help me out with some programming for my ato reservoir. I currently have the apex switch that I manually turn on and off to top off my ATO, there's no automation and as a result of that I've had a couple situations where I had my reservoir overflow. I have the Neptune in line RODI on/off valve downstream from my RODI system. What I'd like to do is set a max run time for the switch to be on of two hours (that way it wont overflow :) )

I'm sure there's a command, but I've searched around online and it's a strangely difficult thing to put into a search box, I figured there'd be someone out there who knows what the command string is so here I am!

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look at the articles from @SuncrestReef for timers. Maybe that helps.
Alternatively, tagged him here as well in case he has a better solution for your problem. He is the Apex expert :)

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most common way to automate refilling an ATO reservoir is to add float switches or optical sensors at the top and bottom of the reservoir, then the Apex can open the solenoid when the lower sensor is triggered, then turn it off when the upper sensor is triggered:

[Solenoid]
Fallback OFF
If ATO_Lo OPEN Then ON
If ATO_Hi CLOSED Then OFF

If you don't want to add sensors to the reservoir and instead use your timer idea, then the best approach is to initiate the reservoir refill by clicking a Feed button and have it set for the 2 hour limit:

[Solenoid]
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If FeedD 000 Then ON

You can set the Feed timer duration in the Misc Setup screen. For 2 hours, set Feed D to 7200 seconds:
image8-4.png

Read my tutorial on Apex Feed Cycles for more details:

Last edited:

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back