Plumbing Help Needed

Bill333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping I can get some help with plumbing a water diverting line into the ATO feed on my Cade 1800. The Cade has an ATO reservoir in the back of the display tank, and the pipe/tubing assembly pictured below routes the fresh water down to a float valve in the sump:

Cade ATO Plumbing.jpg

What I'd like to do is put in a diversion line with an on/off valve that I could use to fill a nearby RODI container for the Mastertronic. I'm thinking that splicing a T into the flexible tubing section would probably be the way to go, but I'm not sure how to fit an on/off valve to the line coming from the T. Ideally I'd like the line going to the RODI container to be 1/4" PE tubing, but not sure where to get the necessary adapters. Or am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?

Any help would be appreciated!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Add a T, and a valve in front of these two parts. Note the tubing connection uses PVC compoenents. Some of these disconnects for pipe have metal, which I avoid around salt water. Hope this helps. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

OP
OP
B

Bill333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you both for your help. The inline valve with the union fittings clearly says it's 1/2 inch and I believe the flexible tubing is 1/2 inch inside diameter. So maybe metric won't be a problem.

But what can I use to go from the 1/2 inch barb on the T to the 3/4 to 1/4 adapter?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back