Neptune Apex systems?

Minifoot77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The kraken and x10 are out from hydros if your looking to compare other controllers

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
To answer the why, frankly to try something different. Been dabbling with apex since 2015 and frankly the lack of real innovation is real. The A3 left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth as it being hyped up but ultimately was a let down due to no real upgrades besides adding a fmm to the housing.

Also the closed ecosystem kind sucks in terms of hardware integration, along with the severe price hikes for what's simply rebadged product that's just modified enough to not be able to buy 'off the rack'.

Yeah I get they are the big bad gorilla in the room, but after 8 years, I'm ready to try something else. When the last apex classic croaks, then I'll assess and go from there.

I agree on lack of innovation. Nothing has really changed in more than a decade. They were riding the train on repackaging its items and changing the label. Few new products but the controller is dated.

But that is exactly what happens when you're dismissive, like Terence was every time you've approached him with ideas. When you keep on saying that you can't satisfy everybody eventually you satisfy none.

I understand you cant develop every single idea there but you create a board where people upvote ideas and you at least consider the top.

As to the price, I solved that problem with buying only used brains/modules. My rule however has been to request picture of ports to see that there is no rust or salt spray anywhere. Plenty of used Apex stuff going around for a fraction.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the closed ecosystem kind sucks in terms of hardware integration, along with the severe price hikes for what's simply rebadged product that's just modified enough to not be able to buy 'off the rack'.

Closed ecosystem? Neptune provides an integration layer for any and all to use. IotA. Kessil uses it. Sicce uses it. Then there is the API. Although limited it is great for extracting data.

Most of the players keep their cards close to their chest and don't open up for competitive product integration. However to say Neptune is closed is incorrect. They provide a means and a few use it.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Closed ecosystem? Neptune provides an integration layer for any and all to use. IotA. Kessil uses it. Sicce uses it. Then there is the API. Although limited it is great for extracting data.

Most of the players keep their cards close to their chest and don't open up for competitive product integration. However to say Neptune is closed is incorrect. They provide a means and a few use it.
Like you said iota is limited to a few brands and certain equipment, still isn't a leap forward of yay open source. I still consider it overall closed IMHO. Yay API, to the 1% that uses it...

I stand by what I said.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back