Neptune Apex Toggle Switch Box

CoralFragZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the Neptune have you ever found yourself needing to turn something off quickly and either having to scroll through the display or use laptop or cell phone sometimes with wet hands. For me with 3 EB8’s and 20+ virtual outlets it was getting to be a pain to use the display. The android app never responds quick enough and I hate running for my laptop.

The solution is a toggle switch system. Basically I used the Break Out box diy design and replaced the mono jacks with toggle switches and had an extra IO port on my PM2. Subsequently I tied those switches to virtual outlets. Works amazing.

BTW I picked up the toggle switches on eBay for 5 bucks and the rest from radioshack.

switch.jpg

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a scaled down version of that. I bought a great big 3" push button switch and mounted it on the outside of the stand. When I push the button it initiates the feed cycle and turns off all the intank pumps.

Are your switches on/off or momentary contact? If they are on/off I would be worried about remembering to turn them back on.

Perhaps switch them to Momentary contact switches which are just on to trigger a timed off event, and that way when you forget, which we all inevitably do, the Apex will turn your equipment back on after a set amount of time.

I wonder if you could do a switch which would end the off sequence before the time ran out.... Hmm Maybe something to post on the Neptune forums.

Dave B

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 72 29.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 69 28.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 51 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back