Neptune Apex Trident

Syntax1235

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this thread as I’m considering purchasing a Trident soon and there’s good information on buying used vs new.

i wonder if Neptune will be releasing a new version soon? With the release of the pro, maybe?

jon2norris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this thread as I’m considering purchasing a Trident soon and there’s good information on buying used vs new.

i wonder if Neptune will be releasing a new version soon? With the release of the pro, maybe?
Well with my luck it will be soon, since I just purchased a trident today lol

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the Trident NP was just released, and all the release info I've read and watched. I would not expect any updates to a newer version. My opinion is they believe they built a solid long lasting machine that can be properly maintained for many many years. Reading between the lines on the release notes, they would have just built an all in 1 unit to test the big 3 + nO3 and pO4 if they planned on engineering a new base Trident.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only Neptune sells them. Go through the process on their site and they will send you one. You have to do this to get one.

Ok I see,thank you. I emailed them and about the sample discharge lines and asked if they also had of the replacement kits for sale. They only replied with invoice for the hoses so I assumed they did not have the kits. Charged me 20.00 to ship those hoses LOL

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok I see,thank you. I emailed them and about the sample discharge lines and asked if they also had of the replacement kits for sale. They only replied with invoice for the hoses so I assumed they did not have the kits. Charged me 20.00 to ship those hoses LOL

Ya they aren’t very customer friendly.

The “advanced replacement” method works well. For $200 they send you a trident. You box yours and send it back. Even missing pieces. The unit I bought was missing parts so they told me to do that. I ended up taking a few spares off it as well like the needles and reagent tray.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya they aren’t very customer friendly.

The “advanced replacement” method works well. For $200 they send you a trident. You box yours and send it back. Even missing pieces. The unit I bought was missing parts so they told me to do that. I ended up taking a few spares off it as well like the needles and reagent tray.
I had to send one back for maintenance because one of the boards got saltwater on it and was fried. I never even considered keeping some extra parts before sending it back.
Now I wonder how much has to be sent back and them still replace it.

braaap

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I had to send one back for maintenance because one of the boards got saltwater on it and was fried. I never even considered keeping some extra parts before sending it back.
Now I wonder how much has to be sent back and them still replace it.
I asked and the rep told me I can keep any parts I wanted. I think it’s kinda a “don’t take out the pump heads and sensor” but I took the drawer, needles, and hoses.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%
Back