Neptune ATK - possibly siphoning back to RODI?

Eclyps19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my mixing station in the basement, along with a 44g brute for RODI. I’m using a Neptune ATK for my ATO, which has been working.... I guess okay, but that’s another story.

Occasionally I do hear a “squealing” from my sump. From what I can tell, it’s coming from the float valve. I also taste-tested my RODI container and do taste a hint of salt. I’m trying to understand why this is an issue for me and not everyone else that runs an ATK, though. It seems like the only way for this to happen is if the ATK pumps enough water in to put the water in the sump above the float valve, however I’m using the optical sensors to trigger the pump, and it should not turn on if both sensors are “closed”. Is there anything specific that I should be checking?

Here's my apex configuration:
Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If WtrLow OPEN Then ON
If WtrHi CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 010:00 Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Defer 000:04 Then OFF
Min Time 060:00 Then OFF

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not sure how that would be possible. your code is correct, but with the siphone break this should never happen. also if there was that much water in your sump the float would prevent any and all water from going in OR out. can we have a few picture of how its setup in your sump pleaseeeeee

OP
OP
Eclyps19

Eclyps19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im not sure how that would be possible. your code is correct, but with the siphone break this should never happen. also if there was that much water in your sump the float would prevent any and all water from going in OR out. can we have a few picture of how its setup in your sump pleaseeeeee

So I do not have the siphon break installed, because that *significantly* reduces the head height of the pump. Neptune says 14' head height, but I feel like I'm lucky to get 7ft with the siphon break. I assumed that this would be okay, since my RODI container is always lower than my sump, and the water level should "theoretically" never really get up to the float valve if everything else is working correct.

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hummmmmmmmmm how far up are you pumping water? maybe you could add the break in your sump that MIGHT help a bit?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 152 73.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back