Neptune ATO over long distance

Steve Hedges

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m setting up a new tank (RS S1000 G2) and my mixing station is 40 ft away on the same level.

For ATO, I was thinking to use ATK module. I already ran 3 color tubing and an Apex USB cable. But I didn’t run the DC24 extension cable. Which I now see is important to extend the ATK pump for longer distance.

Am I screwed now? Can I still use ATK to communicate with the pump via another option. Perhaps using another module at my mixing station via the USB cable, then connect that to my ATK pump?
Thanks.

OP
OP
S

Steve Hedges

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if you figured out the wiring, be good to know if you did and how you conquered the quest.
I think I did. I have the same feedback from Neptune users that I plan to follow. See attachment.
I did learn something…. I asked the same question to Reef2reef, Neptune technical help, Facebook Neptune group and BRS. I found BRS to lead me in the wrong direction. Facebook Neptune users to be quick, accurate and helpful. Neptune technical was slow and later helpful. And reef2reef to not be much help, but the details were in reef2reef archives. Thanks for asking. Cheers.

Attachments

• 39E143FE-49C6-4FB0-BA43-450067FD93F6.jpeg
    39E143FE-49C6-4FB0-BA43-450067FD93F6.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 91

Tastee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ATK running around 40’ to my RODI station. I just cut the PMUP cable and extended it for the length I needed. The cable runs from the tank to the RODI station in the same conduit as the RO line.

It sounds like you have already run your remote RO line, but if there is a way to pull an additional cable into that conduit (or whatever you are using) along with that RO line you may be able to do the same. This keeps all the Apex kit local to the tank.

benmed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may not be helpful for you, but I had same problem with the Tunze 3055. I love that thing and I made it work pretty easy so here is this:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back