Neptune Black Friday

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to buy a WAV starter kit which is $450 but I'm wondering if it's worth it to wait a few weeks and see if they get put on a 10% off sale that you normally see around Black Friday. I don't need it urgently so other than I'm impatient the waiting shouldn't be a big deal. I also dont want to buy it to find out I could've saved $45 by waiting a week or two. I know that Neptune usually goes on sale around Black Friday, but things are a little different for Neptune thisbyear after being bought out. It seems that they've raised the price of the controllers which makes me wondering if the price of everything is getting ready to go as well.

So what's everyone's opinion, go ahead and get it or wait and see?

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d say there’s a strong chance they do 10% off or even a little more now that BRS owns Neptune. Wait a couple of weeks and save some cash then treat yourself to some coral!

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do wait just order early as most stock sells out quickly as the day goes on.

Totlxtc

2 wheeled Idiot
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I missed out on a few things last year due to working that day. The really important things i just had to have i ordered at regular price ahead of time and was glad I did.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I might be tempted to steer you towards the MP40 pumps over the Neptune WAV pumps. I have two of them, and I'm sorely tempted to replace them. The only really nice thing about them is the Apex integration and the fact that they can be powered via 1-link cables rather than traditional power bricks. I have a feeling that Apex support might be coming to the Ecotech pumps now that they have the same owner.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I might be tempted to steer you towards the MP40 pumps over the Neptune WAV pumps. I have two of them, and I'm sorely tempted to replace them. The only really nice thing about them is the Apex integration and the fact that they can be powered via 1-link cables rather than traditional power bricks. I have a feeling that Apex support might be coming to the Ecotech pumps now that they have the same owner.
I would love to get a couple of MP40s if they didn't cost more than twice as much as the WAV, and don't natively integrate with the Apex. Plus I really want to get a 1link module to use for something else, and I don't need it for the WAVs since I still have two 1link ports open on my eb832.
So to switch to MP40s instead would be $950, which more than I want to spend right now.

Although I do think they're a superior pump.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get a couple of MP40s if they didn't cost more than twice as much as the WAV, and don't natively integrate with the Apex. Plus I really want to get a 1link module to use for something else, and I don't need it for the WAVs since I still have two 1link ports open on my eb832.
So to switch to MP40s instead would be $950, which more than I want to spend right now.

Although I do think they're a superior pump.

Ouch, is it obvious it's been a long time since I actually priced out the MP40s? Last time I bought an EcoTech pump, it was MP10 pre-WiFi... low 200s on that, and the MP40 was about $300-$400. Still more than the WAV would have been, but not as dramatic a difference.

For the price differential I can't really argue with your logic.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting insight!!

Hope you are right!

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ouch, is it obvious it's been a long time since I actually priced out the MP40s? Last time I bought an EcoTech pump, it was MP10 pre-WiFi... low 200s on that, and the MP40 was about $300-$400. Still more than the WAV would have been, but not as dramatic a difference.

For the price differential I can't really argue with your logic.
The mp40 are $400 each, but I was adding the cost of the 1link module that I also want even if I weren't running the WAV pumps.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 57 42.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.9%
Back