Neptune DDR not connecting to apex

300bowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, i am trying to connect a DDR to my apex but when i plug it into the DOS it doesn't show up on my dashboard or give me new tiles.
I updated the DOS that the DDR is plugged into, so that shouldn't be the problem.
My apex is running firmware 5.05.
I cannot see it on my local dashboard either. So i am not sure what is preventing it from connecting to apex.
Any help would be appreciated.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have power? The dose can connect to apex either by the aquabus cable or the one-link connection. If connected to one-link that's all that's needed, if connected to the aquabus it needs to be connected to a power supply.

OP
OP
300bowler

300bowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have power? The dose can connect to apex either by the aquabus cable or the one-link connection. If connected to one-link that's all that's needed, if connected to the aquabus it needs to be connected to a power supply.

Thanks for the reply. My problem is with the DDR not the DOS. The DOS is working properly, I just cant get the DDR to show up in fusion. Im thinking that the board is bad in the DDR. I know that has been a problem with them in the past.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DDR has failed 3 times and each time Neptune had to replace the optical sensors. When a sensor fails, the DDR switches will not show up at all in Fusion. This can also happen if the circuit board gets wet (the board is under the top of the DDR and not well sealed against liquid damage).

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @SuncrestReef . I had to send mine in twice before I finally gave up and ripped out all of the electronics and now have a very expensive acrylic container. They are very poorly designed unfortunately. Hopefully that isn't your issue but they are pretty much plug and play. I would give Neptune a call....their support is normally pretty good.

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem . The optical sensors are no good. They need to be replaced. Make a ticket up at Neptune support for a return authorization. They will send a new unit.

vic5hands

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My DDR has failed 3 times and each time Neptune had to replace the optical sensors. When a sensor fails, the DDR switches will not show up at all in Fusion. This can also happen if the circuit board gets wet (the board is under the top of the DDR and not well sealed against liquid damage).
the opticial sensors have been recalled as per my LFS

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 74 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.5%

Back