Neptune Dos 2nd Doser setup.

fishheadreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have installed a 2nd Neptune Dos and want it to run Reef Energy AB+. I have a refrigerator next to the tank and cannot get the dos pump to run at all. I have the link cable daisy changed to the other doser and still have no control over the pump from APEX. Please help.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which cable are you using to connect the DOS? It can run using a 1Link cable, or by using an AquaBus cable plus the 24v power adapter.

Also, when you said you connected it to the other DOS, only the AquaBus ports can be used to daisy-chain modules. The 1Link ports require a connection to either the EB832 or a 1Link module.

DOS Cabling.jpg

OP
OP
fishheadreef

fishheadreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it setup with the 24v connector and the Aqua Bus cable. I can see the DOS on apex but cannot get the interval to do anything. If I set the interval to do 30ML it never doses.

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have installed a 2nd Neptune Dos and want it to run Reef Energy AB+. I have a refrigerator next to the tank and cannot get the dos pump to run at all. I have the link cable daisy changed to the other doser and still have no control over the pump from APEX. Please help.
I actually had that happen to me yesterday after I recalibrated one of my dos pumps. I'd switch it to the on postion just to see if it would go, and it would not. I unplugged everything from my doser and reconnected all the cables. Try the secondary port and if that doesn't work, use the aquabus cable off your other doser to make sure its not a bad cable.

OP
OP
fishheadreef

fishheadreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had that happen to me yesterday after I recalibrated one of my dos pumps. I'd switch it to the on postion just to see if it would go, and it would not. I unplugged everything from my doser and reconnected all the cables. Try the secondary port and if that doesn't work, use the aquabus cable off your other doser to make sure its not a bad cable.
I have done this and the system still does not recognize that the DOS is there

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back