Neptune DOS fittings

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

Just watched a recent Reefbuilder video of his tour of Top Shelf Aquatics and loved how clean his DOS systems looked due to their modified outlets. I will attach a photo of what I am looking at. I have circled in red the fittings I am looking to source if possible here in the UK. Any help greatly appreciated!
Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 14.43.02.png

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I have these.

You don’t have to cut the little gray nipple that sticks out from the DOS pump lines but I found it reduces leaking if you do. Just attach the white piece (which you can buy on BRS and other places). It’s just a simple thread to push-to-connect fitting.

They came on the first DOS pumps I bought (used) and now I just keep spare parts for them.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brilliant thank you for that! How about the 90-degree bend sections that look like they are almost part of it? That is what will make my install far neater I think.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brilliant thank you for that! How about the 90-degree bend sections that look like they are almost part of it? That is what will make my install far neater I think.
Push to connect stem fittings. Honestly I would probably just cut a tiny piece of tubing the exact size needed to make it look clean and use a standard push-to-connect elbow.

Here in the US our big box hardware stores carry a lot of the basics (elbows, couplers, reducers, thread, etc) in push to connect but wouldn’t carry something like a push to connect stem elbow piece.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sadly we don't have that type of store here. I have to source all of this sort of thing online. So stick the 1/8" female to 1/4" push fit onto the DOS and then the second piece you sent with the stem does that stem just push into the push to fit connector already fitted to the DOS? Very helpful of you and thank you so much!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You put the first piece on the DOS, then the elbow(second piece linked) pushes into that, giving you that clean elbow.

The stem of the elbow pushes into the adapter on the DOS, then your 1/4" RO line pushes into the elbow.

OP
OP
ReefRondo

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys really appreciate your help! I'll now have a look to see where I can get these bits in the UK.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are called either "push to fit", or "john guest"(brand name) fittings.

A simple google search should return you something even in your neck of the woods.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 109 73.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back