Neptune dos

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I programmed my Neptune dos to dose kalk for 12 hours but for some it doesn’t dose all of it im dosing 200 ml over a 12 hours period I do not see my ph go up all it actually goes down so this morning. I programmed it to dose 10ml for half n hour it started dosing then stopped after a couple of minutes but if I put it on it keeps dosing as opposed to auto unit is only a couple of months old

Last edited:

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calibrate/recalibrate.

Last night as an experiment to stop PH swings I dosed .5% total water volume with Kalk and it raised my Alk very little and had negligible affect on my PH. I don’t think you are dosing enough unless your tank is very small.

There are references for the amount to dose to raise your alkalinity and PH online. I’d google that.

If there is a way to get a DOS to constantly drip into a tank, I haven’t found it. It will dose in intervals across the given time span.

OP
OP
J

jose hernandez

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood but at the same time I programmed it to dose 10ml over a half hour period it started but then minutes after it stopped just programmed it again to dose 60ml over a hour period which would be 1 ml per minute started to the. Stopped I also have it that it ph goes above 8.3 it would stop don’t know what to do tank is 200 gallons

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • None.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.5%

Back