Neptune FMM module issues

Shunopoli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have the FMM module that cam with the ATK kit. I have the two optical sensors that came with the ATK, One 15 inche LLS, and one Leak Detection Over the weekend this module would show as missing and not sure why. Unplugging it reset everything and started working again. Now the issue I have is that the LLS keeps resetting to water on the floor and my Leak Detection resets to flow sensor. I read that you can you change the ports to disable auto detect, but I don't have that option. Any thoughts on what I can do?

Capture.PNG

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd check your connections. They sometimes seem like they're connected but actually need to "click" in a bit further. That could be causing some of your issues. You can just select which port type is which then save/update. That overrides the auto-detect. But check the connections first.

OP
OP
S

Shunopoli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd check your connections. They sometimes seem like they're connected but actually need to "click" in a bit further. That could be causing some of your issues. You can just select which port type is which then save/update. That overrides the auto-detect. But check the connections first.
Ya, I have read that software version 23 got rid of the auto-detect option and it's disabled by default and that once you make a change to the port it disables the auto-detect and no way to reenable. I have checked the connects multiple times, but I will triple check again. Do you know any safeguards I can implement if the module goes missing again. It was doing this over and over for about two days, but has stopped doing that. Like stated above if the module goes missing it turns my rodi solenoid for my mixing bin on cause it doesn't know what level it is.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, I have read that software version 23 got rid of the auto-detect option and it's disabled by default and that once you make a change to the port it disables the auto-detect and no way to reenable. I have checked the connects multiple times, but I will triple check again. Do you know any safeguards I can implement if the module goes missing again. It was doing this over and over for about two days, but has stopped doing that. Like stated above if the module goes missing it turns my rodi solenoid for my mixing bin on cause it doesn't know what level it is.
That's entirely possible - I know there's no way I can do it on mine (running v24 software). The only safeguard I can think of is to run another AquaBUS connection to it so that you have two. I'd also check the AquaBUS cable you have now for any corrosion, etc. (this is something that can happen over time) I just have the single AquaBUS connection on my FMM module and it's been working flawlessly (so far anyway).

There's probably a failsafe you can implement in your programming for your RODI solenoid. I'm more than happy to take a look if you can post a quick outline on how you have it setup and what you have in-place for programming.

OP
OP
S

Shunopoli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have fallback OFF set here so I thought if the module is missing it would default this to off, but it appears that If my level is below 9.3 when the FMM module goes missing it thinks it needs to turn it on.

RODI_SW
Code:
Fallback OFF
If SW_LV < 3.7 Then ON
If SW_LV > 9.3 Then OFF
If SW_Fl CLOSED Then OFF
If Output RODI_ATO = ON Then OFF

ADDSALT(Virtual Outlet)
Code:
Set OFF
If Output Rodi_Sw = ON Then ON
When On > 000:10 Then ON

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 80 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 64 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back