Neptune Leak Detector

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

I have a leak detector that turns on and off rapidly every few seconds throwing hundreds of false alarms. I have checked the sensor, it's not sitting in any water.

I unplugged the sensor for a month or so thinking maybe it was wet, nothing. Anyone else experience this? Is it shot? Will @neptune replace it?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Howdy,

I have a leak detector that turns on and off rapidly every few seconds throwing hundreds of false alarms. I have checked the sensor, it's not sitting in any water.

I unplugged the sensor for a month or so thinking maybe it was wet, nothing. Anyone else experience this? Is it shot? Will @neptune replace it?
I place mine on C abb V paper towel to prevent false readings from humidity
Start a ticket with Neptune for best assistance

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have a bad sensor. I have two that have been sitting on the concrete next to my sump for over two years now and I have never had a single problem. Shockingly they still work.

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just submitted a ticket. Hoping to get a replacement. I wanted to get a few more of these but it makes me nervous as I have the sensor tied to turn off my pumps. The hundreds of on offs a minute was starting to hurt my pumps

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just submitted a ticket. Hoping to get a replacement. I wanted to get a few more of these but it makes me nervous as I have the sensor tied to turn off my pumps. The hundreds of on offs a minute was starting to hurt my pumps
You might be better just having the sensor send you a text/email rather than just shutting off your pumps. From there, you can then decide if you want/need to login to your Apex and manually shut them down.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back