Neptune Mounting Board on IM APS Stand

NYC_Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an open design Innovative Marine APS stand that I am trying to fit with a mounting board for my Apex and other equipment. I have a thin 12" x 24" piece of plywood I was planning on mounting in a way similar to the picture below, but I am still trying to think of the best way to mount it securely with the board hanging from the inside frame of the stand. I was initially planning on using some heavy duty 3M fasteners (pretty much velcro) to have something that would be removable and to avoid drilling into the frame, but I'm concerned whether velcro or adhesive would be able to support the wait of the apex, EB8, modules, etc. even if they do weigh less than the claimed weight limit of the fasteners. Alternatively, I could potentially try to find some sort of narrow hook or L shaped metal fastener that be attached to the board and then wedged between the foam mat and metal frame on top of the stand so that the weight of the aquarium helps to hold the board suspended.

My questions are whether or not my concern over weight limit of any adhesive is warranted, and if there are any suggestions for alternative methods to attach the board?

I could also just try to find a board long enough to span the entire height of the inside of the stand so that the adhesive isn't supporting the entire weight of the components. If I went that route, would a PVC board (similar to this) work ok? Or are there any suggestions for materials better suited for this application (it just needs to be thinner than 0.32")?

I've searched and found plenty examples of Apex mounting, but not much discussion about actual materials used. Any advice is much appreciated

APS-Stand.png

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pocket hole it from the back;) link

Back