Neptune or hydros ?

kingtriton92

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2024
Messages
37
Reaction score
18
Location
Navarre
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re looking at a new dosing system. What are your pros and cons on the Neptune or The Hydros ?
 
Just strictly dosing? Not a monitor? I like Kamoer dosers.
 
Neptune has been around longer while Hydros is a lot new, that means there's going to be more users with hands-on experience with Neptune products.

That just means you'll have a bigger user base to get assistance from.
 
I would definitely would want to have it for both dosing and monitoring.
This will be largely on your personal preference and budget. I have Neptune controlling my system and have no complaints. I do have one Neptune DOS on my system, but prefer my Kamoer dosers, mainly due to price.
 
I chose to go with Hydros. I was sold on the ease of setting up the system. No comuter coding is needed. I started with a Wave Engine LE and a pair of Octo Pulse 2 pumps. I also bought an X2 controller & Hydros ATO kit with triple level sensor. After setting up the collective I have decided to go all in and automate some tasks such as auto water change. Auto top off my fresh water storage tank with my RO/DI stem. I also utilize the fresh water storage container as my ATO reservoir that supplies water from my basement to the aquarium with the help of a variable speed dosing pump. I also mix and heat my saltwater with the Hydros system. For controllers I have one Wave Engine LE, Two XS controllers, two X2 controllers, one XP8 controller, three Kamoer KCPA600 dosing pumps along with level sensors, water solenoid heater and flow pump. I have all this equipment and I am excited to get it done. I am so looking forward to not have lug buckets of water around. Hope this helped enjoy which ever way you choose.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new