Neptune ORP probe giving wack readings

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently decided to get an apex and I just setup the probes yesterday, calibrated the pH and salinity ones and just dropped the ORP and temp ones straight in,
the ORP readings were at 800 slowly dropped to 400 and stayed there for a while and than quite literally dropped to 0 and stayed there forever, tried reconnecting the probe and that cycle just repeats every time I do so.
now I know that ORP is not an important measurement really but having this wacky probe is really triggering me :rolleyes:
Any suggestions on what I should do?

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double check the warranty on probes. If there is none either get a new one or skip it all together. I have not changed mine in a few years.

Reef-N-Stein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doing weird stuff to. Mine drops at the same time almost everyday. And then slowly climbs back up. I have never checked it against a calibration solution. I just kinda monitor it. Mine is from 230-330 but at like at 8 am it just plumits. Nothing turns off or comes on at that time. It's just soooo weird, also my salt is not that low I have some kind of electrical interference with my uv sterilizer it drops to 30 from 35 once uv is on
Screenshot_20210816-151037.png

OP
OP
|Tom the Bomb|

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine doing weird stuff to. Mine drops at the same time almost everyday. And then slowly climbs back up. I have never checked it against a calibration solution. I just kinda monitor it. Mine is from 230-330 but at like at 8 am it just plumits. Nothing turns off or comes on at that time. It's just soooo weird, also my salt is not that low I have some kind of electrical interference with my uv sterilizer it drops to 30 from 35 once uv is on
Screenshot_20210816-151037.png
dang well most people told me to wait a while but its been a while and mine just gives 100 ish readings better than constant 0 tho

(thats some low salinity :0)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 55 49.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 61 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.1%
Back