Neptune ORP probe question

ReefRondo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been having issues with my ORP probe. Cut a long story short I use ozone and this probe reads no change in ORP no matter how much ozone I pump into the system so I decided to get a new probe. I fitted it today and instantly my orp went from 400 to 196 and hasn’t moved since. I double checked my connections, probe for bubbles etc but still sitting just under 200. Obviously there is a chance that is a correct reading but I find it hard to believe. The calibration process seems a little bonkers and is not advised either so does anybody have any suggestions? I’m not sure how to move forward. I am not running ozone until I get to grips with this just in case I overdose.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been having issues with my ORP probe. Cut a long story short I use ozone and this probe reads no change in ORP no matter how much ozone I pump into the system so I decided to get a new probe. I fitted it today and instantly my orp went from 400 to 196 and hasn’t moved since. I double checked my connections, probe for bubbles etc but still sitting just under 200. Obviously there is a chance that is a correct reading but I find it hard to believe. The calibration process seems a little bonkers and is not advised either so does anybody have any suggestions? I’m not sure how to move forward. I am not running ozone until I get to grips with this just in case I overdose.
Usually, you need to let the probe sit for a few days before reading.

"Your ORP probe will immediately begin to show readings, but your probe will require a break in time of at least a few days (and up to 2 weeks) before the reading is accurate. You will know your probe is accurately reflecting the ORP of your aquarium when the reading starts rising and falling opposite your pH."

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back