Neptune Solenoid Problem

Kyle Rinker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I just received my Neptune solenoid and connected it to my RODI system to be able to auto-fill my ATO reservoir. I have 2 optical sensors in the reservoir--a low sensor to tell the solenoid to open, and high sensor telling the solenoid to close water flow. I also have a mechanical RODI float valve to cut water supply for redundency, and also a moisture sensor on the floor by the reservoir in case of an overflow. The problem is that I'm not getting water through the solenoid. I removed the RO tubing from the entrance to the solenoid and water came gushing out, so I know it is receiving the water supply. I removed the tubing at the exit of the solenoid and no water there. So, the problem is either my programming or the solenoid, and since it is new, I am assuming the problem is my programming. Here is what I used for the programming--tell me if I did something incorrectly:

Set OFF
Fallback OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON
If RO_L_1 OPEN Then ON

If RO_H_2 CLOSED Then OFF

RO_L_1= low sensor
RO_H_2=high sensor
When I checked the solenoid the water level is below both sensors--both correctly show open. The Solenoid is shown in the on position in fusion. And since someone will ask--yes, the RO tubing is going the correct direction and I am aware there is an in and an out in the solenoid and it can't be used in the wrong direction. It is plugged into one of the DC24v outlets on one of my EB832s. Your help is appreciated
smile2.png

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK so I just received my Neptune solenoid and connected it to my RODI system to be able to auto-fill my ATO reservoir. I have 2 optical sensors in the reservoir--a low sensor to tell the solenoid to open, and high sensor telling the solenoid to close water flow. I also have a mechanical RODI float valve to cut water supply for redundency, and also a moisture sensor on the floor by the reservoir in case of an overflow. The problem is that I'm not getting water through the solenoid. I removed the RO tubing from the entrance to the solenoid and water came gushing out, so I know it is receiving the water supply. I removed the tubing at the exit of the solenoid and no water there. So, the problem is either my programming or the solenoid, and since it is new, I am assuming the problem is my programming. Here is what I used for the programming--tell me if I did something incorrectly:

Set OFF
Fallback OFF
Defer 001:00 Then ON
If RO_L_1 OPEN Then ON

If RO_H_2 CLOSED Then OFF

RO_L_1= low sensor
RO_H_2=high sensor
When I checked the solenoid the water level is below both sensors--both correctly show open. The Solenoid is shown in the on position in fusion. And since someone will ask--yes, the RO tubing is going the correct direction and I am aware there is an in and an out in the solenoid and it can't be used in the wrong direction. It is plugged into one of the DC24v outlets on one of my EB832s. Your help is appreciated
smile2.png

Bump

OP
OP
Kyle Rinker

Kyle Rinker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Muttley it is in the auto position currently but is set on due to meeting the requirements set in the coding. The defer statement is being used to delay turning on the solenoid by 1 minute to ensure the water line is below the lowest optical sensor. Otherwise when the water line is right at the level of the optical sensor it will continuously trigger it to turn on and off.

OP
OP
Kyle Rinker

Kyle Rinker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it turns out I'm just a moron. I had the programming set for outlet A and had the solenoid plugged into outlet B. After the switch, it works just fine. Doh! ;Shamefullyembarrased

Back