Neptune System DOS Malfunction

SaltyTwigs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the DOS last week. I installed it on my System last Sunday. I set it up so that the Alkalinity would dose 30ml from midnight to 10AM and Calcium from 11AM to 10PM. Things were working correctly. Then on Tuesday around 6PM I was sitting in a room nearby my tank and I heard the DOS make a loud almost grinding noise for a second or two. Then in about 30 seconds the DOS started pouring in Alkalinity at a high rate of speed when it was not even close to time setup to dose. Looking at the log it dosed .1 ml at 18:04:39 and then at 18:08:03 it dosed 38.9ML of Alkalinity which drastically spiked my PH into the 8.4 + range. Then last night same sort of thing happened... I was in room close by heard the DOS make a loud noise and then it started dosing Alkalinity at a high rate when it was not even close to time setup to dose. Looking at the log it dosed Alkalinity at 19:40:04 .1ML then at 20:01:03 .2ML Alkalinity and then at 20:03:34 it dosed 56.2 ML and at 20:03:38 it dosed .7ML. This brought my PH into 8.5 + range. All this happened when it should not have and dose not even appear to have a pattern as Sunday ran fine, Monday ran fine, Tuesday issue, Wednesday fine, Thursday issue at a different time then Tuesday. I have lost complete faith in the DOS and have turned both heads off cause I am afraid this thing is going to nuke my tank. Has anyone else had this issue?
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.23.30 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.23.41 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.24.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 8.23.05 AM.png

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back my DOS and DDR from Neptune, they had to replace both sensors in the DDR. It was still dosing, but it wasn't registering on the Fusion Dashboard. I would definitely give them a call and get a repair ticket in.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 2 dos units and had one of them display and error code (the orange led's on the pumps go red) and it would occasionally dose a hint more than programmed. I started the warranty process with an online service ticket and even though I sent my past warranty pump from Canada it was quickly repaired an turned around at a very reasonable cost.
no aquarium product is immune to failure so the true test is how well the manufacturer stands behind their product which I can attest Neptune did.

OP
OP
SaltyTwigs

SaltyTwigs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is supper messed up. Had both pumps turned off since yesterday but it was still plugged in. Apex says it dosed alk tonight 51 times in a 4 minute window tonight. Needless to say I have completely unplugged it at this point.

OP
OP
SaltyTwigs

SaltyTwigs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off phone with support. Really nice guy. Everything checked out as far as how I had the DOS setup. They think it might be the button that is jacked up. Sending back in to Neptune Systems. Was told about a 2 week turn around unless I paid deposit on a new one. Not going to stick more money in this as this one is only a little over a week old. Hopefully this goes pretty smooth. Not excited about paying premium dollars for something and then have all these issues but so far the support today seemed like this would be resolved. Hopefully that is the case and hopefully faster than their 2 week estimate. :)

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back my DOS and DDR from Neptune, they had to replace both sensors in the DDR. It was still dosing, but it wasn't registering on the Fusion Dashboard. I would definitely give them a call and get a repair ticket in.
My DDR is in for repair right now for the same reason (in addition to it no longer being recognized by the Apex). Based on reviews that I have read and my own experience, I am starting to question the build quality of the DDR :(

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back