Neptune Systems DOS for AWC

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anybody using the DOS for AWC? Thinking of getting one for this purpose and would like hear from people that are using it for AWC.

How far is the water source from the tank and how is the pump performing. Any issues with the pump pulling more water out than its putting in or vice versa?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calibrate the pumps as they will be configured and they will work quite well. I've got mine set up from new to display, DT to QT, then QT to waste and have each output airgapped to prevent anything from moving backward.

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a physical separation from the output of the tubing and the next vessel. There is a gap between the two with only air.

IMG_1329.JPG

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used my DOS for AWC and it worked great. Had new and old reservoirs(32gal brutes) in the garage. Roll the old reservoir out to the curb and dump it once a month. Nice and easy water changes. Total distance from furthest reservoir to the tank was maybe 15 feet. As @Breadman03 said, calibrate it and it will work great. I did calibrate mine quarterly. We moved and, once I get the upgrade tank set up, I'll be using the DOS for AWC again.

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of mine pushing probably 30 feet. Honestly, I don't think you'll find the limit in a typical house.

Mine will most likely need to go in the garage, up to the attic then about 30 linear feet then down behind the tank through the wall.. Overall distance probably between 50-60 feet.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine will most likely need to go in the garage, up to the attic then about 30 linear feet then down behind the tank through the wall.. Overall distance probably between 50-60 feet.
I know I've seen reports of issues with vertical head pressure on DOS. It's not really designed for pushing uphill. I am using for 2 part dosing and was having prob's with bubbles etc. They kept wanting to see my installation to make sure it wasn't pushing uphill. Turns out the early runs (I had one of the first 40 units) had issues with the pump heads no being made correctly. They replaced them and I haven't had any problems since.

in2aqua

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the DOS. I use one head along with a number of solenoids to do ATO, AWC and dose 2-part to 4 different tanks. I have a breakout box at each tank to measure water levels for ATO. One tank is 70m away on the floor above, another is 60ft away, and the others are about 50 feet away.

Rhameen Kolyani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that pumps are able to push more effectively tha they can pull. My distance from resevoir to tank is 25'. My distance to drain is 5'. If I put the dos system where my tank is, is it going to be able to pull that water that's 25' away? I know it can push but what about pull?

Rhameen Kolyani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that pumps are able to push more effectively tha they can pull. My distance from resevoir to tank is 25'. My distance to drain is 5'. If I put the dos system where my tank is, is it going to be able to pull that water that's 25' away? I know it can push but what about pull?

Thurman340

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the DOS. I use one head along with a number of solenoids to do ATO, AWC and dose 2-part to 4 different tanks. I have a breakout box at each tank to measure water levels for ATO. One tank is 70m away on the floor above, another is 60ft away, and the others are about 50 feet away.

Hi,
You use your DOS as an ato? How did you do that?

JKenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer525XL, I also use the DOS for AWC. The DOS is in the basement next to the 20g salt water garbage can and drains into the slop sink. Probably 10' vertical and 25' horizontal from the DT. I'm running it on a 24 hour schedule with about 1.5 gal changed out each day. l've also used it to make up for salt water loss from wet skimming, installing the UV, changing out the media reactor, etc. In the 3 months or so it has been set up I've not had any troubles with it at all (knock on wood).

Thurman340

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My solution was to set up a profile that doses more than my evap over 24 hours, but shuts down if an ATO float is triggered.
Wow I have a lot to learn. My issue is that my r/o tank is in garage. Literally 60+ feet away. Same level though. I want to set up AWC, and ATO with the 65/65 reservoirs.

Thanks

Equipment=
Apex
Trident
3 apex dosers
ATK
65 gallon Saltwater
65 gallon R/O

Back