Neptune Systems Trident Schedule Change Test Time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can turn the internal clock so that it thinks its a different time but yeah this has been a issue since it came out

OP
OP
SPS2020

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks...I do realize it can be manipulated in that fashion. However, it would alter all other schedules as well and I don't want that. ;-)

I've done a few searches and it seems I'm not the only one who has a tank in their bedroom and doesn't want to hear the noise at midnight and 6am...especially on a weekend. For now, I'll just turn it off before bedtime.

This seems like a really easy development task and would make quite a few people happy! ;-)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...I do realize it can be manipulated in that fashion. However, it would alter all other schedules as well and I don't want that. ;-)

I've done a few searches and it seems I'm not the only one who has a tank in their bedroom and doesn't want to hear the noise at midnight and 6am...especially on a weekend. For now, I'll just turn it off before bedtime.

This seems like a really easy development task and would make quite a few people happy! ;-)
Turning it off at night is not the greatest solution because eventually you’re trident will start to get gummed up due to it not running the minimum Tess it needs for the tubing to stay clean

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if it runs a test every six hours at the bare minimum there’s nothing you can do because what’s the difference between 12 and six or one and seven or 11 and five

TexanCanuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same question, but found the answer here ...

So YES - it is possible to do this!

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turning it off at night is not the greatest solution because eventually you’re trident will start to get gummed up due to it not running the minimum Tess it needs for the tubing to stay clean
Has this been proven? I know people have speculated that. It seems to me their set schedule is really to just sell more reagent which has to be a big money maker for them. I’m not worried about the noise in my situation but just the cost of reagents and the fact that there’s nothing to do with 4 Alk tests a day. Not to mention testing Mg twice a day. It’s just too much unnecessary data. Without a trident a lot of successful reefers test once a week. I love the automation, but just not in love with knowing all the extra data I’ll never look at or use is money down the drain.

Now that my tank is stable I’ve just been keeping it on manual and turning it back to auto every other day before noon or midnight. And, nothing is really changing.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has this been proven? I know people have speculated that. It seems to me their set schedule is really to just sell more reagent which has to be a big money maker for them. I’m not worried about the noise in my situation but just the cost of reagents and the fact that there’s nothing to do with 4 Alk tests a day. Not to mention testing Mg twice a day. It’s just too much unnecessary data. Without a trident a lot of successful reefers test once a week. I love the automation, but just not in love with knowing all the extra data I’ll never look at or use is money down the drain.

Now that my tank is stable I’ve just been keeping it on manual and turning it back to auto every other day before noon or midnight. And, nothing is really changing.
Well first off for your info you just posted in a Neptune’s fourm that you are not using the product properly by the specific directions that they posted for it let’s hope they don’t read there own fourm and void your warranty……….

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How long have you owned your trident ? I’ve owned mine about 18 months and thru normal operation I’ve had it clog already from crystallized saltwater and regents and I’ve never missed an auto test.

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well first off for your info you just posted in a Neptune’s fourm that you are not using the product properly by the specific directions that they posted for it let’s hope they don’t read there own fourm and void your warranty……….
lol, these are anonymous forums dude. Besides, there are plenty of videos out there on doing a tear down and cleaning. Even heard from Neptune at a conference they’re going to provide a user service kit, so I’m really not worried about doing some maintenance on it which it will eventually need anyway. Mine is going strong 1 year now.

My question is whether you can provide good source(s) that provide strong evidence this theory is even true. The tear down cleaning videos show that after a relatively short period of time under normal use the testing vial builds up gunk from the titration reagents. So I could even argue that more testing is likely to accelerate this. Regardless in the box it comes in it clearly states to keep the box because it WILL require periodic maintenance. That part is a fact. What remains is whether more or less testing affects this.

Edit: p.s. if manual mode voided the warranty they wouldn’t have a manual mode!

Last edited:

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, these are anonymous forums dude. Besides, there are plenty of videos out there on doing a tear down and cleaning. Even heard from Neptune at a conference they’re going to provide a user service kit, so I’m really not worried about doing some maintenance on it which it will eventually need anyway. Mine is going strong 1 year now.

My question is whether you can provide good source(s) that provide strong evidence this theory is even true. The tear down cleaning videos show that after a relatively short period of time under normal use the testing vial builds up gunk from the titration reagents. So I could even argue that more testing is likely to accelerate this. Regardless in the box it comes in it clearly states to keep the box because it WILL require periodic maintenance. That part is a fact. What remains is whether more or less testing affects this.

Edit: p.s. if manual mode voided the warranty they wouldn’t have a manual mode!
I use manual mode only to turn off trident in a case of something g like just did tank maintaince and have a lot of debris floating and don’t want it sucked up. So I turn to manual wait hour or so turn back to auto and then manually run the test I missed

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 142 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back