Neptune trident making a lot of noise when testing.

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a trident that is less than 6 months old and is making a lot of noise when testing
I need a phone number to call Neptune to get this fixed
Thanks
Chris
Please help!!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine makes some humming sounds when testing, is that what you mean? Pretty sure that is normal.
Yeah, the whirring and clicking sounds when it’s pulling water samples, reagents and testing is pretty normal.

Neptune has a support page where you can open a ticket and they’ll usually get back to you within 24 hours.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No phone number contact that I can find. Will keep searching

At the bottom it says only call if you have used the support form first. Number is listed...

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had mine for around 2 months or so but it definitely isn't silent. Sometimes it startles me when it kicks on and I hear the high pitched hum.

Hmmm, yeah mine is noticeable but def not super loud. If I am on the couch about 15 feet away I can hear it kick on, but it's not super distracting. Maybe get a video of it testing?

OP
OP
Chrispelletier62

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, the whirring and clicking sounds when it’s pulling water samples, reagents and testing is pretty normal.

Neptune has a support page where you can open a ticket and they’ll usually get back to you within 24 hours.
Thank you for the info. I contacted Neptune support and they were fantastic. They linked into my phone camera and could diagnose my trident right away due to the color of the light. “Pink”. Which told him right away that there is a hardware issue and the unit needs to be shipped out. They will ship me a Loner and then I’ll ship mine out. They just ask for a deposit which is totally fine.

Zippyfear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sounded like an alarm was going off.. I recorded it for support.. I'll attach it to this post if it's not too large, and I'll let you all know what support comes back with..

edit: The system didn't support the m4a file. so I couldn't attach it

edit2: in my opinion, it's loud enough and disruptive enough that it needs to get resolved or I might return the entire system..

wineward

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine sounded like an alarm was going off.. I recorded it for support.. I'll attach it to this post if it's not too large, and I'll let you all know what support comes back with..

edit: The system didn't support the m4a file. so I couldn't attach it

edit2: in my opinion, it's loud enough and disruptive enough that it needs to get resolved or I might return the entire system..
Hello, do you have any updates for this issue? I just got mine a few days ago and every time it's testing there is a persistent beeping as if an alarm is going off.

I can also hear the normal whirring and buzzing sounds of the pumps and motors working. That is fine. What I'm concerned about is the accompanying beeping that really sounds like an alarm is going off. It's a shrill, piercing sound that I can hear throughout the entire house.

But I never received any error messages in the app. I just don't understand why they would have this annoying alarm beeping alongside the normal function of the trident.

The same thing happened during the initial setup. I heard the same shrill, piercing alarm sound during the entire initialization. Very annoying

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most annoying thing i actually want to get rid of all my apex stuff and go with another brand tester/controller its so bad

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back