Neptune Trident placement

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Researching the trident. I have a Red Sea Max E 260 and I do not have a sump. I use the attached built in rear sump system. I’m trying to figure out where I place the trident? All I have read said it should be above or close to the waterline level. Can I place it under the tank in the cabinet? Will it not pump up that high or is there other reasons I can’t put it below the tank?
thanks

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Researching the trident. I have a Red Sea Max E 260 and I do not have a sump. I use the attached built in rear sump system. I’m trying to figure out where I place the trident? All I have read said it should be above or close to the waterline level. Can I place it under the tank in the cabinet? Will it not pump up that high or is there other reasons I can’t put it below the tank?
thanks

other reason.

If you place below your water line, your tank water could siphon back to the Trident unit.
Same with the DOS or any other dosing pumps.

The reefers that I know that run sumps, pull the water from their sumps, and keep things like that above the sumps water line.

During the duration that I ran DOS, it was above my sumps waterline for the same reason.

Billyjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a cabinet next to my tank if that were an option it could sit on a higher shelf otherwise would definitely have to be shelf above/beside tank without a sump

D02F1444-E700-4B79-AF08-10EB00695A98.jpeg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back