Neptune Trident setup placement

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Researching the trident. I have a Red Sea Max E 260 and I do not have a sump. I use the attached built in rear sump system. I’m trying to figure out where I place the trident? All I have read said it should be above or close to the waterline level. Can I place it under the tank in the cabinet? Will it not pump up that high or is there other reasons I can’t put it below the tank?
thanks

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am Researching the trident. I have a Red Sea Max E 260 and I do not have a sump. I use the attached built in rear sump system. I’m trying to figure out where I place the trident? All I have read said it should be above or close to the waterline level. Can I place it under the tank in the cabinet? Will it not pump up that high or is there other reasons I can’t put it below the tank?
thanks
The reason to have it at water line or above is if one of the lines come off trident when it’s under water line a siphon could happen resulting in your tank water siphoning out on the floor

GoingBroke88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Trident isn't pumping water into your tank. It's pumping water from your tank to collect the sample. I believe the concern is that you could get back siphoning of the water from the tank into the Trident and the area below your tank. Keeping the Trident at or above the waterline of the tank would prevent that.

OP
OP
Chrispelletier62

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks
I understand now. Thank you!

OP
OP
Chrispelletier62

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Trident isn't pumping water into your tank. It's pumping water from your tank to collect the sample. I believe the concern is that you could get back siphoning of the water from the tank into the Trident and the area below your tank. Keeping the Trident at or above the waterline of the tank would prevent that.
Thank you. I understand now

OP
OP
Chrispelletier62

Chrispelletier62

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I understand now

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another question I’ll add here rather than start a new thread. I understand trident needs to be above or at water level where sample is taken. It looks like there is a small amount of used waste water produced after each test. How are you all dealing with the waste?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question I’ll add here rather than start a new thread. I understand trident needs to be above or at water level where sample is taken. It looks like there is a small amount of used waste water produced after each test. How are you all dealing with the waste?

I just have it go to a large glass bottle. You tell the trident the size of it and it will stop testing if full

ID-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If It did I’m sure there would still be blue sludge left over at bottom of bucket
I am planning to run the waste line down into my crawl space and into this bucket so im not concerned with any visible sludge unless it would overflow or cause a problem with the Trident. I can just put a gallon jug in the same cabinet as the trident but was just trying to keep things more open/cleaner looking. Guess I can try it out for a couple weeks and then check on it.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back