• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Neptune Trident - Used - $600

JoshF7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased May 2019 from BRS and installed since June 2019. Will include a new complete reagent kit as well. Preference is to sell locally in Northern California (Sacramento and surrounding areas), but will consider shipping if you pay for shipping costs (whatever they may be to get from me to you).

OP
OP
JoshF7

JoshF7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: Still available for preferred local buyer. I am going to hold off on selling it with shipping for a few days to see if anyone local wants it first.

OP
OP
JoshF7

JoshF7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures now that I have it fully through the shutdown procedures and back in the box. To also clarify, it comes with the full set of reagents you would get if you bought it new, plus an additional 2 month reagent kit. All clean and ready to go.

20200212_113100.jpg

All original packaging/box/etc.
20200212_113121.jpg

OP
OP
JoshF7

JoshF7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you selling it

I'm selling it because I'm going "old school" and doing manual testing like I already have to do with my other systems. I purchased it when I had just one display, and now I actually have multiple tanks in the house. Since I'm testing most of the systems manually anyway, the extra few minutes to test the one bigger tank by hand just isn't worth it for me. I would rather spend the money elsewhere if someone else could use it. To be clear, as far as I know the Trident is fully working exactly as it should. My manual testing matches the Alk and Mag on the Trident almost exactly every single time I run a "double check" on it. My calcium testing is usually off from the Trident by about 20 ppm or so (Trident usually being the high side), and that can vary, but it could just be my "human error" there I suppose too. When I first saw that discrepancy, I contacted Neptune and confirmed everything is working correctly, that variance is common, and they recommended I simply calibrate the Trident using my tank water if I want it to match my manual tests. It really wasn't critical for me, so I never did that.

OP
OP
JoshF7

JoshF7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BUMP/Update: Still available for local first or backup offers for shipping options if anyone else wants to "get in line".

OP
OP
JoshF7

JoshF7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last call for anyone looking for a Trident. Still prefer local delivery, but looking for backup delivery options if anyone is interested or has any questions.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back