Neptune WAV boneyard

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raptor72
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Raptor72

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2011
Messages
870
Reaction score
608
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a way to revive the WAV powerheads? I've just added another to my growing pile that for some reason or other stop showing up on Fusion. The impellers don't seem expanded, and rotate freely. They are cleaned about every 6 months and yet I end up losing one about once a year. I'm guessing its something electrical in the housing.

1660602730330.png
 
I just had a ecotech mp 40 go on me and I almost bought one of these to add to my apex . Guess I dodged a headache. Can’t tell you why their going bad but thanks for sharing your misfortune. I would think if it’s electrical they should be able to be fixed . Isn’t there a warranty on these or do they break the day after it runs out ???
 
I just had a ecotech mp 40 go on me and I almost bought one of these to add to my apex . Guess I dodged a headache. Can’t tell you why their going bad but thanks for sharing your misfortune. I would think if it’s electrical they should be able to be fixed . Isn’t there a warranty on these or do they break the day after it runs out ???

As with anything, they have never gone out on me while still in warranty. As soon as its expired though, here comes Murphy's Law. :face-with-rolling-eyes:
 
Just found this thread after one of my WAVs died. Noticed it was just running constantly so I unplugged it and cleaned it, now it’s just dead in the water (literally!) it’s almost exactly 3 years old so I suppose I should consider myself lucky but it seems like. $200 pump should last longer.

Now the question is what to replace it with. Not too excited about getting another WAV…
 
You can’t get another WAV. They dint seem to exist. Neither do any pumps that attach to 1link
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new