Neptune WAV boneyard

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a way to revive the WAV powerheads? I've just added another to my growing pile that for some reason or other stop showing up on Fusion. The impellers don't seem expanded, and rotate freely. They are cleaned about every 6 months and yet I end up losing one about once a year. I'm guessing its something electrical in the housing.

1660602730330.png

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a ecotech mp 40 go on me and I almost bought one of these to add to my apex . Guess I dodged a headache. Can’t tell you why their going bad but thanks for sharing your misfortune. I would think if it’s electrical they should be able to be fixed . Isn’t there a warranty on these or do they break the day after it runs out ???

OP
OP
Raptor72

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a ecotech mp 40 go on me and I almost bought one of these to add to my apex . Guess I dodged a headache. Can’t tell you why their going bad but thanks for sharing your misfortune. I would think if it’s electrical they should be able to be fixed . Isn’t there a warranty on these or do they break the day after it runs out ???

As with anything, they have never gone out on me while still in warranty. As soon as its expired though, here comes Murphy's Law. :face-with-rolling-eyes:

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread after one of my WAVs died. Noticed it was just running constantly so I unplugged it and cleaned it, now it’s just dead in the water (literally!) it’s almost exactly 3 years old so I suppose I should consider myself lucky but it seems like. $200 pump should last longer.

Now the question is what to replace it with. Not too excited about getting another WAV…

becon776

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t get another WAV. They dint seem to exist. Neither do any pumps that attach to 1link

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back