Nerdymunky's 45 AIO - A fresh new start

nerdymunky

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2014
Messages
44
Reaction score
8
Location
Milwaukee, WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running tanks for years, but last July, I was laid off after nearly 10 years with the the company (TLDR: Outsourcing IT = Saving $$). So we moved to pay the bills while still looking for a new "home". Out went all my tanks and have been without a tank since October of last year. Last month started a whole new chapter with life. New job, new city... why not a new tank?!?! [HASHTAG]#excited[/HASHTAG]

Since I am renting for only year at this place, I went with something much smaller than what I am used to: JBJ Rimless 45 gal AIO

And here she is at 3 weeks cycling (4 days with lights):

8dad19b3ae8fba8145814ec4ca9f7f63.jpg


More to come! Hoping to find a good LFS somewhere around here.
 
Sweet
 
Very nice tank, I find with the downs in life my tank make life more relaxing. I like the aqua scape.
 
Very nice tank, I find with the downs in life my tank make life more relaxing. I like the aqua scape.
Thanks!

I couldn't agree more. The stress of making ends meet while unemployed eased with tank eye candy. Though, moving many states away (So Cal >> East Texas >> Milwaukee, WI over the course of 8 months) forced me to sell my 110 and 40. So happy to be back in the hobby. Can't wait to get my first coral and fish.
 
That is quite a move. Keep us posted as the additions happen:)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new