Nero 3 Schedule

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running my AI Nero 3 on my Evo 13.5 for about 6 months now, but I’ve never been content with the schedule. I started tinkering with my old equipment (I ran an Aqamai KPS prior) and decided to run them both. I remember having success with the preset schedules and decided to match my Nero 3 to the Aqamai SPS Max 50l schedule. I’m currently running both wavemakers on opposite end of the tank matching schedules 1. This cleared up my sand and rock significantly 2. I lowered the flow rate on my Nero 3 and my clownfish seems to enjoy it much more

Excited to see how the corals will, I plan on having an SPS dominant tank - Stylo and Monti will be added this week.

Will continue to share the journey, here’s a quick snapshot of the setting. #useortoss
A6DED566-E8F9-42CE-BA1C-5F94B5E36DB6.png
9ED3F088-511C-4AC7-9D3E-CF15A4CA5E56.jpeg

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How is the flow rate with the Nero 3 on the Evo (aside from the schedules)?

I'm looking for a powerhead for my Evo, and a Nero 3 is an option, but I'm worried it will be too powerful. I'm running a softie/LPS tank.

OP
OP
Reefing Reefer

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the flow rate with the Nero 3 on the Evo (aside from the schedules)?

I'm looking for a powerhead for my Evo, and a Nero 3 is an option, but I'm worried it will be too powerful. I'm running a softie/LPS tank.
Flow Rate is great - perfect for an Evo and you can adjust strength based on your corals needs. Only drawback with having it on the return pump side is the substrate directly underneath it was a dead zone - granted my rock structure might have a lot to do with it.

aqami kps is a great option for lps/softies as well.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Aqamai KPS is probably my preferred option, but with Hydor going out of business, I'm a little concerned about the support for the App.

I could put a Nero 3 at 90 degrees to the return (just underneath it) and this would provide anti-clockwise flow against the clockwise flow of the return, or I could put it underneath the return to supplement the flow,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a think and might give it a try.

ians pico

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up my Nero 3,
20 gallon mixed reef, I set my schedule a little different than the one you pictured. I’m curious to see how yours has been working out after this time… the max power I have it set to throughout the day is 35%. With a small time slot for waves around noon. The small time slot you see at 9 pm I set my power to 75 % for 15 minutes to blow around any detritus and hopefully help get a lot into the filter. After that through the night it’s set to 16% to help the clowns relax. Interested in seeing if anyone else has any input.

Attachments

• 500B00DE-FE92-4BB7-BE1E-9BF23010E572.png
    500B00DE-FE92-4BB7-BE1E-9BF23010E572.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 808
  • 038345EB-65BE-46DC-AF3B-DF68DE65FC56.jpeg
    038345EB-65BE-46DC-AF3B-DF68DE65FC56.jpeg
    245.2 KB · Views: 841

Stoichiometry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up my Nero 3,
20 gallon mixed reef, I set my schedule a little different than the one you pictured. I’m curious to see how yours has been working out after this time… the max power I have it set to throughout the day is 35%. With a small time slot for waves around noon. The small time slot you see at 9 pm I set my power to 75 % for 15 minutes to blow around any detritus and hopefully help get a lot into the filter. After that through the night it’s set to 16% to help the clowns relax. Interested in seeing if anyone else has any input.
Hi, sorry to drudge up an old thread but I like your schedule. Do you remember or what the low end of your random was? And how much variance?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back