NERO 5 BLINKING RED LIGHT AND WONT WORK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ITS BEEN ONLY A WEEK AND ONE OF NERO 5 STOPPED WORKING AND ITS KEEP BLINKING IN RED LIGHT. I FACTORY RESET AND RECONNECT CLEAN THE PUMP POSSIBLY DID EVERYTHING I COULD DO AND STILL NOT WORKING. DOES ANYONE HAVE SAME PROBLEMS? BECAUSE I SEE MANY PEOPLE WITH SAME ISSUES. I JUST CANT BELIEVE ITS HAVING MAJOR PUMP FAILURE AFTER SUCKING FISH ON BACK OF THE PUMP AND KILLING FISH. IF ANYONE HAS SOLUTION PLEASE LET ME KNOW! THANKS!

MYAI APP RECOGNIZES 2 NERO 5 BUT WONT WORK AND THE DEVICE STATUS SAYS LOCK DETECTION.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
THANK YOU! I HAVE CORALS AND I NEED TWO PUMPS ON EACH SIDE FOR GOOD FLOW. IS AI GOING TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PUMPO FAILURE? IM SO DISSAPOINTED WITH AI PRODUCTS.

I can promise you they stand behind their products but you have to give them a chance to make it right or help you correct it if it's user error. Have you reached out to them?

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can promise you they stand behind their products but you have to give them a chance to make it right or help you correct it if it's user error. Have you reached out to them?
YES I JUST SENT EMAILS WITH YOUR LINK. I JUST READ THEIR WEBSITE AND IT SAYS CONSUMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING CHARGE. I GOT A DEFECTIVE PUMP AFTER ONLY A 2 WEEKS AND IM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SHIPPING? WHAT KINDS OF POLICY IS THIS? THIS JUST GIVES THEM A MORE BAD REPUTATION AFTER A BIG MANUFACTURE FAILURE WITH SUCKING FISH ON BACK OF PUMP AND KILLING FISH.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YES I JUST SENT EMAILS WITH YOUR LINK. I JUST READ THEIR WEBSITE AND IT SAYS CONSUMERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SHIPPING CHARGE. I GOT A DEFECTIVE PUMP AFTER ONLY A 2 WEEKS AND IM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SHIPPING? WHAT KINDS OF POLICY IS THIS? THIS JUST GIVES THEM A MORE BAD REPUTATION AFTER A BIG MANUFACTURE FAILURE WITH SUCKING FISH ON BACK OF PUMP AND KILLING FISH.

Just wait to see what they say before you get too mad! :)

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think ai has been good with there service I have a hydra 64 that’s on its way back for warranty work an all was covered just pay for shipping. An I got that light from them for upgrading some sol lights that had no power cords or controller. I also have a Nero 5. Got it when they first hit the shelf and am very satisfied with it. I know u take a risk with any power head or a fish jumping out or a fish get into sump and die. All part of the game

OP
OP
mooputingtong

mooputingtong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think ai has been good with there service I have a hydra 64 that’s on its way back for warranty work an all was covered just pay for shipping. An I got that light from them for upgrading some sol lights that had no power cords or controller. I also have a Nero 5. Got it when they first hit the shelf and am very satisfied with it. I know u take a risk with any power head or a fish jumping out or a fish get into sump and die. All part of the game
After a warranty claim i got my pump within 3 days and all went smooth except they didnt send me tracking number and i even looked through spam but still no sign of tracking email. It wouldve been better if they did. So far good service!

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red flashing lights mean something is stuck inside and a fish guard comes in the box. Mine works well.
Thank you six months later. ;) I knocked mine off its base and it fell into the sand. I didn't see the single tiny pebble stopping the blade from spinning. I removed it, disconnected and reconnected, and it started to work and is out of "lock detection" status. I had to come here since AI's documentation search isn't helpful with specific error messages.

For reference, here is a screenshot of lighting codes (since links can break):
1619460810759.png

friendsNotFoodMA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have 4 Nero3 pumps (2 in each of my 2 tanks). I am having the red flashing light problem on 2 of them currently (one from each tank). There is nothing causing the blade to stick, I can freely spin it when powered down. I contacted AI support (about an hour before I realized I had 2 broken) and will report back with what they do. All four of my Nero 3s are about a year old. I like these pumps and the way you can control them via an APP, I hope the life expectancy is >> 1 year.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back