Nero powerhead - size and thoughts

wunderlong88

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2021
Messages
236
Reaction score
85
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was considering two Nero powerheads for my 180 gal. that I am about to set up. I will be keeping fish, live rock/sand and soft corals. Two Nero 5's were rec'd to me at the LFS but looking at specs I wondered if I need 7's. Any opinions?

Also, I saw a lot of reviews about fish getting sucked into them. Is this a real issue I need to be concerned about? Otherwise, these seem to be just what I was looking for.

Thanks!
 
I’ve got 2 5s on a 4’ 100 gal DT. I run them at a max of 60% if I want to stir things up. Any more and it gets chaotic. 5’ tank they’d probably be fine - just depends on how high you want to run them. 6’ and I’d definitely go bigger / add a gyre or some additional flow.
 
I’ve got 2 5s on a 4’ 100 gal DT. I run them at a max of 60% if I want to stir things up. Any more and it gets chaotic. 5’ tank they’d probably be fine - just depends on how high you want to run them. 6’ and I’d definitely go bigger / add a gyre or some additional flow.
Tank is 6 ft so I guess 2 7s. Can add something later if I need
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new