Nero settings

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, time to confuse you all.
I have 2 Nero 5’s setup where one is the parent and the other is the child. In the pulse mode, if the parent pump is set to 50% and the child pump is set to 100%, am I right in thinking that the child is working at 100% of the parent pumps speed (so 50%), and not actual 100% speed?
I’ve had both pumps set to 50% thinking they were pumping the same speed, but I think the child has only been pumping at half the parents speed, so 25% actual speed.
I think I’m losing the plot here lol.

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, as I just run mine independently, but if you back out one step in the app from the page that lets you configure the schedule and type of motion, it should give you a circular image with a GPH/LPH number that is the current flow setting to the pump. Just comparing the number for each should sort out the behavior.

OP
OP
S

shadyraro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know, as I just run mine independently, but if you back out one step in the app from the page that lets you configure the schedule and type of motion, it should give you a circular image with a GPH/LPH number that is the current flow setting to the pump. Just comparing the number for each should sort out the behavior.
I don’t know if mobius isn’t that great but when I change the child to 50 or 100%, the lph doesn’t change.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, time to confuse you all.
I have 2 Nero 5’s setup where one is the parent and the other is the child. In the pulse mode, if the parent pump is set to 50% and the child pump is set to 100%, am I right in thinking that the child is working at 100% of the parent pumps speed (so 50%), and not actual 100% speed?

That is correct.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back