Net cover feed port cap dropsies solved

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2020
Messages
1,867
Reaction score
3,645
Location
Rochester Ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I found a solution to a problem I had with the DD Jumpguard feed port covers. I made screen covers for my tanks, and installed those add on feed ports. When I take off the screen to get in the tank, 4 out of 5 times I drop the stupid cover. I'm not getting any younger, and the floor seems to be getting farther away, so whatever I can do reduce dropping anything, I call a win!

I found these shoe lace things at The Walmarts; IMG_20240911_114618908.jpg
Elastic cord like a shoelace that comes with 2 little plastic end clips. I just drilled a hole in the cap, threaded the other end through the net, and clipped on the end.
IMG_20240911_114634152_HDR.jpg IMG_20240911_114655539_HDR.jpg
No more dropping these behind the tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new