NEVER doing business with Marine Depot again.

BlindGirlReefing

I can see, but I can't. It's complicated.
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2019
Messages
480
Reaction score
2,458
Location
Roan Mountain TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Ordered lights from Marine Depot and paid $199 (receipt below). The lights were faulty. Called MD and they told me to return them. Returned the lights and received a phone call from "Christian" in customer service saying that they tested them and did indeed find the lights to be faulty. He told me they could refund my $199 or apply a $199 store credit. Since I was (previously) a loyal customer I chose the store credit. He said all I had to do was call my order in or request to use my $199 store credit in my order notes.

I placed an order and requested to use my store credit. My request was ignored and I was billed the full amount of my purchase. Contacted MD through live chat and was told that they were sorry for not applying my store credit, but said my store credit was only $179 not $199.

I gave them copies of my original purchase receipt and my return receipt (and reiterated that I was told by phone that I had $199 store credit) both clearly showing that I paid $199 and was due a $199 refund or credit. I was told by customer service that the price was different at the warehouse so they could only give me $179 back.

If Marine Depot has to steal $20 from me......fine, but they won't ever get another order from me.

Original Purchase Receipt
Marine Depot Original Purchase Receipt.png


Return Receipt
Marine Depot Return Receipt.png
Marine Depot Return Receipt.png
 
Hi Lisa,

I am very sorry to hear about this situation and I want to apologize that it occurred in the first place. Unfortunately I do not yet have an answer for you as to what happened on our end, but once I am able to speak with our customer service representatives to get an answer, you will be the first to know. I fully understand your frustration and I want to do what I can to make this right. If there is any additional information that you think I made need to resolve this for you any more quickly, please let me know and I will pass it on. I again want to apologize that this happened, but I do appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

- Best, Amy @ MD
 
Just that "Jolie A" accused me of lying about my receipt. It's above in black and white and I sent her copies and it's exactly what shoes in my MD account, but she insists that they are NOT my receipts. I also emailed NUMEROUS times before I finally resorted to online chat. All of my emails were ignored.

I just don't get it. It's not even about the $20. I've already wasted $20 of my time going back and forth with "Jolie A.". It's about treating customers like garbage......not answering emails, not answering online contact messages, accusing a customer of lying, etc. Why would any company completely alienate a customer over $20. Marine Depot can keep my $20. I consider it a lesson well learned.
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new