Never seen this before on a Monti

  • Thread starter Thread starter ou12004
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ou12004

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
426
Reaction score
281
Location
Austin, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a white marble looking sphere growing out of my Monti cap, I have never seen anything like it before and have no idea what it is. Does anyone know what this is?

 
Sponge?
 
No idea but I am following. Have you noticed any changes in monti other then the orb ??
No other changes, I did have some STN on some acros but I got that stopped for the most part.
It's not a sponge, it inflates and deflates like a ballon and the outside is smooth.
 
No other changes, I did have some STN on some acros but I got that stopped for the most part.

It's not a sponge, it inflates and deflates like a ballon and the outside is smooth.
Then I'm lost but I'm sure as more of our experts see it they'll have a better explanation:)
 
I'm calling it a Bounce Montipora, should be able to get a couple hundred for it now. ;)
 
I didn't see this! It has to be some sort of ctenophore, no? If it's not along that line, I honestly have no idea. Most interesting.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new