neverdie

neverdie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open Letter to equipment manufacturers:
Stop using this plug configuration. It renders adjacent outlets inaccessible and useless, all of us in this hobby try to avoid creating potentially dangerous cord octopodes and utilize power bars to run our systems. Think about the end user when you design a product.
20180114_090100.jpg

OP
OP
neverdie

neverdie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some rearranging I was able to to plug in the fuge light and I got some chaeto running. I bought a custom caddie which is running (from top to bottom) floss, chemi-pure and ceramic spheres. Above the cheato I placed some floss in the filter sock frame which greatly decreases trickle noise. Additionally I bought a pump and heater to improve the water change experience, cause I really hated trying to neatly (never worked ) pour water into the tank without jacking up the scape and sand. I should have done this long ago with my previous tank as it was a much more efficient process.
20180114_142113.jpg

OP
OP
neverdie

neverdie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little update added a few corals, removed some rock and I purchased a blue star leopard wrasse, I happy to say that she is eating well.
20180211_185156.jpg

This week I am going to try to take some more photos with my wife's much better camera.

OP
OP
neverdie

neverdie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few of the new corals. The rock flower is especially pretty.
20180211_210108.jpg

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the birdsnest holding up? I got one as a freebie and it died slowly, I assumed the current Orbit wasn’t strong enough.

OP
OP
neverdie

neverdie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s the birdsnest holding up? I got one as a freebie and it died slowly, I assumed the current Orbit wasn’t strong enough.
It bleached and lost a lot of polyps really quickly. I'm gonna stick with LPS and softies going forward.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 150 75.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back