OP
NeverlosT

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Keenan! Thanks for your comments. The good news is I had a spare old MP40 so that wasnt a biggie, and luckily I was able to fix the RD3. So things are going pretty well right now, all SPS happy and that makes me happy.

I have considered a roller-filter but my sump area is suuuuper tight and I dont know if I could fit it in there along with the skimmer with the current drain setup. Man it would be amazing to not have to replace filter socks though...

Titus is a boss. We raised him from a little baby Achilles. The crazy thing is, we have a Barienne tang too that we got as a baby one year ago, and in just 1 year he grew to the size of Titus, and is now waaaaay bigger than Titus, but they still get along great. I can easily take some more pics of him because frankly he spends most of his time getting in the way of any other picture I try to take. Great fish!

OP
OP
NeverlosT

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in the mean time, someone gave me an orange filter so here are some psychedelic sps shots for those into that kind of thing:

684ee5261c4f36082ace3b83e8347e1b.jpg
2ef6dd704aaa062b14b5d96f65dec7d9.jpg
a3249d7d122d3479adb60718882c5c5a.jpg
5b59556ca7f529a19136ffc8b7da3927.jpg

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Keenan! Thanks for your comments. The good news is I had a spare old MP40 so that wasnt a biggie, and luckily I was able to fix the RD3. So things are going pretty well right now, all SPS happy and that makes me happy.

Great to hear! Yeah your colonies are looking healthy and happy for sure. Do you have a favorite colony or couple of them? The blue and pink one in the last pic is beautiful.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just found your thread! Looks great and love the size! The water station is key - nice work

If you are still looking to unload some Lime in the Sky and Paletta's Pink tip, ship some up here. ;)

OP
OP
NeverlosT

NeverlosT

SPS nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found your thread! Looks great and love the size! The water station is key - nice work

If you are still looking to unload some Lime in the Sky and Paletta's Pink tip, ship some up here. ;)

lol only if you buy in bulk, I can ship you 20 frags of each! lol

@Keenan That Blue Red Coral is TGC Cherry Bomb Tenuis. I need to get one of those corallab filters. These pics are kind of hokey. I'll get a better pic of it, its super blue with bright red/pink polyps. I got it from my friend Ray of TGC two years back at RAP and it has finally taken off. I need to make some frags soon, but I need to make a frag tank before I make any frags!

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol only if you buy in bulk, I can ship you 20 frags of each! lol

@Keenan That Blue Red Coral is TGC Cherry Bomb Tenuis. I need to get one of those corallab filters. These pics are kind of hokey. I'll get a better pic of it, its super blue with bright red/pink polyps. I got it from my friend Ray of TGC two years back at RAP and it has finally taken off. I need to make some frags soon, but I need to make a frag tank before I make any frags!

I had a feeling that's what it was but I'm no sps pro so I wanted to be sure! And sure with the orange filter they can be a bit over the top sometimes but as long as you keep supplementing the thread with more daylight/sunlight pics I'm all for it :)

@HairyGary and I are both in MN so when the time comes we could combine an order and make things easier on you :rolleyes:

ultimatemj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove the "good for a couple of days" sock(s) and make space for a roller...it is one of those "why didn't I do this sooner" pieces of equipment.

I'm only replacing the roll every 5 or 6 weeks. Super helpful when you travel for work ;)
CS_newroll.jpg
CS_deadroll.jpg

Keenan

TCMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very exciting :cool: looking forward to it! Will the 140 and frag tank be taken down eventually or are they remaining up?

The chalices look great. What’s the tenuis in the second to last pic?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back