OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Matt! Hand-picked these guys out of the hatchery. :)

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! A free 180g is hard to beat. :)

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a little bit of work done this weekend. Picked up the wood to finish my stand and build my canopy. Also sold my server rack to help pay for lights. :) For the stand and canopy, I'm using a lot of 1x2s, so my wife and I ripped a bunch of 2x8x12s down today instead of buying them individually. We got 8 out of each board. It only cost me $24 for more than what need, which is really kind of incredible. Not to mention it takes forever to find d straight pieces, anyway.

I cut the 2x8s to length first, and then rip the rounded edges square followed by ripping them to size for 1x2s.

I've got some pics I will add later. Photo bucket isn't cooperating with me at the moment. I also took tomorrow and Tuesday off, so I will hopefully have some progress to share after each day, too.

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a whole lot of progress today, but some. I'm working on a write up for the pillow stuffing apparatus and im also working on my Jebao interface for my Apex. Stay tuned... :)

Brandon

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20140126_100035134_zpsyaedwhwi.jpg

I am probably going to tweak the island on the left, but not 100% sure yet.

Brandon
Someone mentioned a ghost in this picture but the thing that haunts me is the animal body in the left island. The head pointed left, the arched back and the two legs (tonga branch). Its clearly a mummified cat incorporated into the aquascaping.

LOL Looking good!

I've never heard of using pillow stuffing as a filter. I run filtersocks on my overflows but have to wash them a couple times a month. I might have to switch over to something more disposable. ;)

Last edited:

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a whole lot of progress today, but some. I'm working on a write up for the pillow stuffing apparatus and im also working on my Jebao interface for my Apex. Stay tuned... :)

Brandon
Are you trying to get a wave with one or two of the Jebao's? I have what I consider a perfect wave with just one of them. When I had a wave with the Jebao controller the wave was so tall I was getting salt creep around the whole perimeter of my 210.
You can check out Apex profiles at Reeftronics.net if you haven't done it already.

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going for waves, actually. I'm just looking for programming different modes at different times of the day more than anything. :)

I will check out the profiles at Reeftronics. schooleyosis also did a writeup on how he programmed his, too.

Thanks for the tips!

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my Jebao interface all soldered and cabled up. Working great! I actually just used an old guitar pedal enclosure I had lying around. Picked up two power jacks from Radio Shack because I didn't feel like ripping the ones out of my old pedals and grabbed four 1% 1k resistors for the voltage divider. Its a little sloppy (such as zip ties for strain-relief), but it works. :)

IMG_20140218_151643026_zpsfmeocmwr.jpg

Also got a lot more programming on my Apex done. Nothing major, just email alarms, feed timers, and other basic things I hadn't had time to setup.

I didn't get anything done on the canopy and front as I had planned. Hoping to start on those tomorrow.

Brandon

Last edited:
OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) I've still got to cut the bulkheads down in my back box, which is going to be a pain to do, but I'm over readjusting my siphon because it won't start on its own. That will probably be a project for this weekend, I think.

Brandon

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol... hold up... I'm still working on figuring out profiles and exactly what I want these pumps to do. :)

Brandon

mixer911

Make them green with envy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) I've still got to cut the bulkheads down in my back box, which is going to be a pain to do, but I'm over readjusting my siphon because it won't start on its own. That will probably be a project for this weekend, I think.

Brandon

That should have been done during the plumbing phase then it wouldnt have been such a pain ;)

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. If I hadn't been beta testing these bulkheads, perhaps someone would have told me to cut them down. However, I don't think he knew until I did. So now we both know, don't we, Rick? :D lol

Brandon

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. If I hadn't been beta testing these bulkheads, perhaps someone would have told me to cut them down. However, I don't think he knew until I did. So now we both know, don't we, Rick? :D lol

Brandon

Whatever . I told you the same night you hooked it up to cut them down. But someone as always is too eager to get things running ;)
Dont forget Brandon, I have known you for 6 yrs. I know how you do things lol

OP
OP
NeveSSL

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL... Dude, I really do not remember you telling me to cut them down, or I would have before I installed. I'm more lazy than eager, trust me... Look at how long its taken me to get this thing going. :D

Brandon

mixer911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL... Dude, I really do not remember you telling me to cut them down, or I would have before I installed. I'm more lazy than eager, trust me... Look at how long its taken me to get this thing going. :D

Brandon

Precisely what I was saying lol....

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back