OP
L

Liron Mishal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@naterealbig thanks!
I 3d printed some jigs to hold the panels in place. It rests on the work bench suspending the glass panels with the right gap.

The water level in the sump's main chamber needs do be constant for the skimmer to work properly, i can't see how i can achieve that without the drop to the pump section...

I would keep the stand as it is but my wife would kick me out if i will even think about it:p

OP
OP
L

Liron Mishal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haven't updated for a while, been busy with the tank and work (in that order :))

Got the QT tanks built and running. Fish QT is 35 gallons and corals QT is 10 gallons.
Fish QT has three tangs for the past 2 weeks, waiting to start copper treatment, scopas, yellow and purple.
they look great and eats just about everything I feed them, nori, mysis and pallets.
copper power arrived so i will be ramping up to 1.75ppm on Saturday.

corals QT has 2 fire shrimps, one cleaner shrimp, 3 nassarius snails, one turbo and one bumblebee.
also a few frags of pulsing xenia and today i will be getting a nice sized green buttons.
all of these are being quarantined for 76 days before getting them in their final stop

as for the DT, it got some brown algae going on, which is good, just not pretty but I know it will go away soon.
I decided to build a reef pi controller, got everything hooked up and it works great!
currently controlling my roll filter (a dedicated post about it coming soon), my ATO, which is just a float for signaling the controller and a pump to get the water from the RODI can,
the lighting and the temperatures. I will be adding a PH module and an AC ports for running scripts such as water changes and feeding.
this will allow me to control my return pump and skimmer.

below some pics of the controlled AC ports. I used some 5v relays I had from past projects and found a nice AC strip that will hold them inside.
I added some control pins for a ribbon cable to connect to. fairly easy, took about 30 minutes for the whole thing, I think it turned out nicely
20190123_104652.jpg

20190123_113011.jpg

20190123_113317.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back