New 125 gal build! :)

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ryan, I know you have probably been busy with the baby on the way or are you a new Daddy yet?? Just wanted to check in and see how your tank was doing! :D

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Doug! Thanks for checking in man. Ya we have been super busy getting the room all ready, going to classes, getting all the equipment set up, etc. The tank is doing alright! Not great, but not bad. Lost my two spot wrasse :( but I think that was due to my new eel! He may have to go though. Wife doesn't like him and I don't know who I'd get to feed him while we are gone since he requires hand feeding. How have you been?

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing good man, thanks for asking :) I love eels! What kind did you get?

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snowflake eel. He is pretty awesome. He is about 14 inches long and has quite the appetite.

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice, I'm kicking around picking up an eel for my 40g breeder frag tank, which may not be a frag tank for long lol. Was thinking a chainlink eel, similar to the snowflake. I haven't kept any eels in over 20 years and my 8-year-old wants one, or a mantis shrimp, soooo, I'm mulling over what I want to do lol.

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both would be awesome! (just not in the same tank obviously :) ) I actually had to sell my eel. . With travelling the eel was too difficult to feed for my sister who cares for the tank while I am gone.

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost my midas blenny yesterday :/ I have no idea what happened. Just woke up to find him on the bottom. No strange behavior the previous days, he was eating great, and no visual signs of disease or distress. Just one of those things I suppose. BUT on a positive note, if I win the RedSea tank, I plan on dedicating it in a biotope fashion to make my wife and new baby our first seahorse tank! :)

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think the tank and sump need a refresh. I'm considering not going with a fuge anymore too just to try and keep the sump as free as possible of detritus. I'm also considering running filter socks for the first time.

Im also thinking about taking the macro algae from the fugr and putting it in the display to mimic parts of the Caribbean we dove.

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also considering going with a sandless bottom. What do you guys think [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also considering going with a sandless bottom. What do you guys think [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG]
Im in the process of removing my sandbed now. I've had some issues keeping it clean so slowly taking it out. Still not sure if I'll go totally bare bottom or just leave a very thin layer.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Im in the process of removing my sandbed now. I've had some issues keeping it clean so slowly taking it out. Still not sure if I'll go totally bare bottom or just leave a very thin layer.
Lol i think ive done the same thing with every tank ive owned, over time tookin it down to a thin layer.

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have a pretty thin layer as it is and I constantly struggle with do I clean it or do I not. Sand looks better IMO but it might be the cause of many issues too. Either way I think I need a total reno on the tank and filtration. Developing an algae and sediment problem

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have a pretty thin layer as it is and I constantly struggle with do I clean it or do I not. Sand looks better IMO but it might be the cause of many issues too. Either way I think I need a total reno on the tank and filtration. Developing an algae and sediment problem

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back