New 125 gal build! :)

MadCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there fellow Reefer from Madison Wisconsin! I happen to stumble onto your tank build here on reef2reef, it looks like things were coming a long nicely till the power strip failure. Sorry to hear..why do these things happen only when your gone?!?! We'll just my 2 cents but I also did a retro fit t5 when I had my LEDs and I also used two Coral plus bulbs and in my option they looked great and increased my coral growth. Your problem is most likely that your corals were simply not acclimated to LEDs it literally took months before my corals started looking good again when I switched from all t5s to LEDs. Well regardless good luck on the new tank build I'd like to see it sometime!

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

A softy who loves softies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello there fellow Reefer from Madison Wisconsin! I happen to stumble onto your tank build here on reef2reef, it looks like things were coming a long nicely till the power strip failure. Sorry to hear..why do these things happen only when your gone?!?! We'll just my 2 cents but I also did a retro fit t5 when I had my LEDs and I also used two Coral plus bulbs and in my option they looked great and increased my coral growth. Your problem is most likely that your corals were simply not acclimated to LEDs it literally took months before my corals started looking good again when I switched from all t5s to LEDs. Well regardless good luck on the new tank build I'd like to see it sometime!

Hey! Thanks for stumbling upon it :) Actually the corals have been under the same lighting since the beginning of the tank. However, I have changed my lighting schedule and it seems to be helping quite a bit. I have the T5s (Coral Plus) on for only 3 hours midday and the LEDs (mostly blues) ramping up and down for the majority of the lighting schedule. PE is good and the monti's finally have a white growth ring around them. Hopefully it continues to go that way. Are you also a member of MARS?

MadCityReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Thanks for stumbling upon it :) Actually the corals have been under the same lighting since the beginning of the tank. However, I have changed my lighting schedule and it seems to be helping quite a bit. I have the T5s (Coral Plus) on for only 3 hours midday and the LEDs (mostly blues) ramping up and down for the majority of the lighting schedule. PE is good and the monti's finally have a white growth ring around them. Hopefully it continues to go that way. Are you also a member of MARS?
Yes I'm a member of MARS and "WRS" Wisconsin Reef Society. Here's a quick picture of my tank. I recently moved everything from another smaller tank into my new Reef Savvy 120gal
0068a01bd20c5291d7f3fdfcdef98611.jpg

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a beautiful new addition to the tank :) Here is my new Pachysepta . It is larger than my fist
IMG_20150916_203653_606.jpg

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I'm a member of MARS and "WRS" Wisconsin Reef Society. Here's a quick picture of my tank. I recently moved everything from another smaller tank into my new Reef Savvy 120gal
0068a01bd20c5291d7f3fdfcdef98611.jpg

I thought I recognized your name! Beautiful tank :)

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my LPS and gorgs seem to be doing pretty well. SPS haven't been doing well (story of my reef life). Here are some pics of my Pachy munching on some brine :)

IMG_20151125_161441_820.jpg
IMG_20151125_161514_925.jpg
IMG_20151125_161547_206.jpg

OP
OP
luxauterna

luxauterna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have decided that something with my LED fixture, whether it be spectrum, operator error with intensity levels or blend, or SOMETHING is ruining my coral . Colors are bland, PE is mediocre, and growth is minimal. I'm thinking about getting rid of it completely and just adding a couple more retrofit t5s. BUT on a positive note, I added a new fish today :) My first addition of fish in months!

Last edited:

Reeflogic