New 125 Gallon Reef :) :) :)

So I figured out that the skimmer overflows if I run a filter sock? Weird.

I took the water to my LFS and they gave me the green light to transfer my fish. Everything in the tank is happy, but the water is cloudy. Ammonia, nitrates, and phosphates are at 0. The skimmer is working great. Help?
That's the normal break in for a filter sock. It will stop after a day or so
 
So it's full of water and I had no cycle after 3 weeks, so I transferred everything over. Of course the diatoms have gone crazy, so I'm doing daily water changes (5-15 gallons) and just dealing with the brown ugliness.

That said, my tank water is super cloudy and I don't know why. My skimmer is picking up a bunch of crap (pun intended); enough for me to empty twice a day.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong or I skipped a step. Help me de-cloud my water and get rid of the diatoms
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1413062814.094023.jpg
 
Hello,

Just keep doing water changes, c[FONT=Open Sans, tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]ould be a bacteria bloom. Took a couple days for it to clear up usually. Maybe even more like a week. Are you using carbon or UV?


[/FONT]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new